Amite County, MS - Oil & Gas Discussion archives

I hope to get an answer. I have a Royalty Deed for 10 Royalty Acres in area of LOT 3. Sec 30, Township 2 North, Range 3 East, 49 acres more it less. So I guess the actual land owner needs to lease out his land and whatever deal he/she cuts, is what I wouls then be obligated? I guess mt deed also says I have Royality acres of 10/392. Thx Ralph

Amite is a hot, hot area and you are in the driver's seat. You should be getting some much better offers, especially since you have new TMS wells already producing and permits already approved to drill new ones.

Don't let people bluff you, after all, you are the one with the oil on your land. They are nothing without you. There are many companies that will lease your rights. Makie every dime that you can.............

Best of luck!

Bob

So I hear and all we are asking for is fairness. These men are trying to use pressure and threats of the land owners losing out completely if they do not sign the leases that were offered. I do not see how a drilling company could just arbitrarily drill on land that they do not own or have not leased. Some owners in my area and even my family were approached in this manner so we are hiring an attorney to persue a possible class action suit because of the tactics and pressure. The tactics alone gives credence to the prospect of success in that area.

Hello George,

I couldn't agree with you more, George. Also, I am so happy to see someone that is willing to stand up for fairness. Everybody in our region should be grateful to you and your family for taking the legal road.

I am close to 80 years old and in poor health or I would do the same as you are doing. We are still being jerked around with the Landsmen saying "Take it or leave it---WE AREN'T CHANGING A SINGLE WORD IN THE LEASE".

Please let me know how the class action is moving.

I wish you and your family the very best and I truly hope that this venture will turn out to be a real financial bonanza for you.

Bob Buie Sr

Hi group, I found this article on Mineral Web http://www.mineralweb.com/owners-guide/lease-proposals/oil-and-gas-leasing-top-10-things-to-do/ It give the basics. (Mineral leasing 101). There are also several other links on this site that are very informative as well. You guys may already know all of this stuff, but I'm starting out with ZERO knowledege on how to go about the leasing process.

Also, I did some google research on the company that made me the lease offer and found out that it's an LLC that was just formed in October of 2011, and it's owner is a attorney. So, counting the attorney and the Landman that he hired to contact me, that's two middle men that are taking Money "out of the pot".

It is my understanding that many years ago the mineral rights in this area were purchased in whole or part on many tracts of land, I am unsure what happens if 1/2 the rights are leased.

It is my understanding that many years ago the mineral rights in this area were purchased in whole or part on many tracts of land, I am unsure what happens if 1/2 the rights are leased.

Sorry ,looks like my comment was not added- what is this in reference to?

New Fracking Product ...Great News to combat the EPA

The EPA has approved a new pH neutral fracking solution that is "Green" friendly. It sounds like this could be the solution to one of the major environmental problems threatening the path to energy independence

........and to our POCKETBOOK!!!

Bob

From what I am hearing, through neighbors and title abstractors at the courthouse, $200/$250 per acre with 3/16th override is the norm, at this point for mineral leasing. I would appreciate any updates anyone has. I am on the Pike/Amite line and have 180 acres, surface and mineral rights. Old oil wells all around my property.

Hello, lets see if someone can help. Any leasing activity in LOT 3. Sec 30, Township 2 North, Range 3 East? Thx Ralph

It's a shame we can't all get together and find out what is going on. I don't have a clue.

Carolyn, I actually wrote to Rodney Taylor about any activity in my area, no response- not sure if he was the right person or not. Ralph

My sisters and I have found out we have these mineral rights. We found a contract that ran out in Jan, My father died 2 years ago and my sister found ir after momma died last Feb. We are trying to find out stuff from friends, Why can't a large group of us hold out and get the best price we can? And WHO IN THE HELL can we trust. Sounds like a pretty scummy business to me. Thanks for answering me Ralph.

I may have to take a trip down there. Ralph

Ralph, what area is your property located in as far as the town of Gloster, my family owns property about 4 mils south of the Gloster township. I am with you on the group perspective. My family is negotiating as a group but others in the area are being picked off one by one with the threat of losing out on the mineral leases. The Landmen prefer not to deal with groups but I am with you, we should negotiate as a group.

George, I have the Mineral rites, not the surface- not sure who owns the land. Sec 30, Township 2 North, Range 3 East. See Map. I am at Bethal and 569. Ralph

http://www.gomdot.com/Divisions/IntermodalPlanning/resources/Maps/pdf/CountyHighwayMaps/Amite.pdf

IF you are on the Alfred C. Moore field this may concern you.

http://tuscaloosatrend.blogspot.com/2012/02/encana-applies-for-larger-unit-at.html

http://www.mscode.com/free/statutes/53/003/0007.htm

My sister and I are thinking about leasing our mineral rights on property left to me by my dad. What would any of you consider a fair offer? I've read up some on the internet but in most cases come away a little more confused than I was to begin with. I know one must negotiate in 2 areas a) price per acre and b) percentage of production if a well comes in. Anything else? and how much an acre is fair?

I can't help you, Sue, but my sisters and I are considering using an oil and gas lawyer. As I understand it, contracts are very tricky and landmen are sleazy. This is a daunting experience.