Young County Texas Leasing Offer

The leasing company has agreed to pay us $20/seismic permit, $30/acre lease option with a 20% royalty and a $150/mineral acre bonus. I asked on Wednesday to go back to the operater for reconsideration of a royalty greater than 20% and if between 20-25% an additional amount they would pay us over the $150/mineral acre. The call back today asked us for the additional bonus above $150 if we agree to 20%.(they did not come back with an increased number) Can any tell me if this is a good deal or not. The lease is on 320acres.

I moved it over to Young County, TX for you. You still need to add an abstract description as the county is large and prices may vary.

Thank you for your help it’s in block 275.

Clint, I can’t thank you enough. It’s very hard to manage minerals and farm leases when your not in the state. This is great information. Because of our location out of state I feel we might be taken advantage of. Texas is a big state and there is lots of activity. You are making this easier for us. It’s very much appreciated and with people like you too, America will be great again:)

1 Like