Yoakum County, TX - Oil & Gas Discussion archives

I have just joined the forum, so this is probably too late to be of any help to you, but I have leased several sections in Blk. D. at $600/acre, 25% royalty, 3 yr.

Claud, can you share which sections you leased?

On that offer posted 11/24/14, was that for all depths with Lessor warranting title and Lessor paying their “share of expenses” with no Pugh Clause? Does not sound like Lessee is ready to drill and thus the need for up to 5 years?

Claud-We have 80 acres of minerals in E/2 SE/4 sec. 809, block D.Who is doing the leasing in that area?Is it warming up in that area? Thanks, Bob

We leased approximately 13 net acres in Blk. D in November of 2014 for 25% Royalty and 3 Years at $500 per acre.

... lease form was standard family form / no burdens on royalty.

Update on 11/24/2014 offer. Lease bonus never paid by DSD! Oil price crashed during 30 day period. We are in SW corner of county on State line. Nearest production 4-5 miles to east. Not sure over in New Mexico. Bottom line-did not lease.

Edward- What section are you in?

Bob

Bob,

All of Section 664 Blk D John H Gibson Survey

Rick - It was section 537 in 2012 and section 453 in 2014.

Bob - I don't know where sec 809 is relative to 453 and 537, and I don't know whether interest is warming are not at this time.

The easiest way to locate the sections is to go to Earth Point Texas Survey and subscribe to the education version, then it overlays onto Google Earth.Then you can zoom in on Texas all the way down to Sections. The pin head in each section gives the section number and when you click on it gives more detail. You can zoom in enough to see where the wells are. You can then put thumbtacks where you wells are. Last but not least, the bottom of the screen gives latitude and logitude so you can put them in your GPS and drive to them.

I was recently contacted by a landman wanting to lease our mineral interest in Section 648, Block D, John H. Gibson Survey. The offer was for a 3 yr lease with a 1/4 royalty and $100 bonus, 1/5 royalty and $200 bonus or 3/16 royalty and $300 bonus. I am just wondering if this is the going rate at this time and / or if there is currently any activity in this area.

Leased in November of 2014, Gibson Survey, for 3 years, $500.00 25%, Royalty, Family lease form (no royalty burden)

Have a client with mineral interests in this area but it has been a while since I had any doings up there. Anyone know who DSD Energy is flipping to?

The lease form they are sending out has some real dangers too.

We have an offer for 3yrs, $400/ac, 25% royalty in Sec 550, Blk-D, Gibson Survey. Has anyone else leased to Aetos Energy Partners?

I inherited some mineral rights from my dad in Yoakum county. I have 2 sections leased, and now am being contacted by companies that want to purchase my rights. I am completely ignorant regarding all of this. My rights are located in John H. Gibson survey, SE/4 section 28 and W/2 section 28. Do you know if there is production currently in this area? Can you give me any help as to how I can find out what I need to know in order to make informed decisions about leasing and/or selling? Thank you, Issa

Issa,

I've had similar offers to buy all or part of my partial interests in sections 453, 454, 467, 468, and 537. I wouldn't sell at any price right now in that area. 2 wells are completed as of 5/15, one of which is now in production, 2 more are being drilled now, and there are 5 other permits to drill after that on those properties. It's a gamble, of course, and there are no guarantees, but I think if others are wanting to buy it, you are probably better off holding onto some or all of it since oil is being found in Yoakum County. That's probably especially true if someone is leasing with the intent to drill, unless you need the money now.

Claud

Thank you, Claud. Very good advice that several people have passed on to me. I'm holding onto it. Thank you for taking the time to respond to my questions. Very much appreciated! Issa

Issa, my wife's grandfather was Arthur Cotten. He owned sections 29, 31, and 75 for a number of years beginning in the early 1900s, and your section 28 was likely within the ranch he operated. Was your ancestor an early settler in that area?