Yoakum County, TX - Oil & Gas Discussion archives

Steve:

You might want to try attaching that map again; current link is undefined.

Yoakum County Map with section numbers attached... YoakumCoMap.jpg

National Assn. of Royalty Owners, Texas - Town Hall Mtg. in Lubbock on Aug. 14-15

(I learned SO much at the NARO conventions - would highly recommend this to anyone who's not an expert!)

Contact Person: Ed Fowler (806) 535-9068

Dates of Event:
• August 14, 2012 at 6-9 p.m.
City Bank Building
5219 City Bank Parkway

• August 15, 2012 at 1:30-4:30 p.m.,
Texas Tech University McKenzie-Merket Center
17th Street and University ON THE CAMPUS

Sponsoring Agent: National Association of Royalty Owners- Texas, Inc.(NARO-Texas)

The National Association of Royalty Owners will sponsor Town Hall meetings in Lubbock on August 14th and 15th to educate area residents on topics of interest to mineral/royalty owners. Owners of small and large mineral/royalty interests are encouraged to attend.

Topics will include determining decimal interest, negotiating leases, division orders, production payments, state statutes, helpful websites, and the role NARO and NARO-Texas play in protecting mineral and royalty rights. There will also be time for Q&A.

There is no charge for the meeting. Reservations are requested for adequate planning of printed materials. Adequate parking is available at both locations, but ride-sharing is encouraged. For reservations, please email: replynaro2012@gmail.com

For more information on these events, click this link: NARO TX Town Hall - Lubbock, TX.pdf

My wife inherited a very small interest of section 702 and I noticed that it is limited from surface to and including 6000'. Does this mean someone new could come in, lease, and drill to the area below 6000'. The original wells are very old and haven't paid us anything the last two years.

Robert A Mack Sr

Yes, this sounds like a "depth clause" limitation in the oil and gas lease. If so, the deeper depths can be leased in a new lease.

I need to learn, when I go to the rr site and find a whell then look at the production data, it show oil production 140,203 disposition 140,203, Is this the amount of oil pulled out of the well for that month or something else

Jul 2011 140,203 140,203 194,811

That means they sold everything they produced.

If the lease is no longer producing, it may have terminated. You would need to have the lease looked at to determine this.

I am looking to lease appx. 640 acres in yoakum county. secion 505 and 506. block D.

Michael E. Patterson.

Does any one know a company leasing in area near section505 and 506 block D?

Anyone seen the Wasson well production on the Bennett Ranch Unit? 158,000 barrels/mo.!

http://webapps2.rrc.state.tx.us/EWA/specificLeaseQueryAction.do?tab=init&viewType=prodAndTotalDisp&methodToCall=fromGisViewer&pdqSearchArgs.paramValue=|2=11|3=2011|4=10|5=2012|103=19151|6=O|102=8A|8=specificLease|204=district|9=dispDetails|10=0

Wade:

Is this a result of new drilling on this Unit?

I'd be interested in a brief summary of any activity.

(I own an interest in the Wasson field, Willard Unit.)

We leased our minerals in Section 89, Block D to Anadarko earlier this year. Is anyone aware of any recent/current drilling activity by Anadarko in the vicinity of Section 89?

Michael, we have mineral interests in SE/4 of Section 500, Blk D., John H. Gibson Survey, Yoakum County, and Trail Mountain has leased it - expires July 2013.

Thank you very much Paige, and congrats on your sucess.

do you have contact info on them?

This is what was on the 2008 lease - have no idea if it's still good:

Trail Mountain, Inc.

105 S 4th Street
Artesia, NM 88210-2177

(575) 748-1471

Good luck!

Thank you again for your help Paige. I was able to contact Trail Mountain with the contact info you gave me. Their closest lease is your lease in section 500. About 4 miles from me. I didnt get a yes but didnt get a no either. right next to me is the wasson field 158000 barrels during aug. 2012. So hopfully I ll get some bites soon.

I heard that in Mississippi that some operators are going down through old wells that had played out and drilling deeper into the next level of rock structure and then horizontal. is anyone using this technology on old wells in Yoakum county?

1 Like

Hi Paige, Michael Patterson here, I was wondering if you knew of another site similar to this one that could be trusted. as far as finding a land man or oil company, to increase my chances of getting a lease agreement. started

on section 505 506 Block D... After reading your comments I can tell you know what your talking about.

thanks Michael Patterson.

1 Like

Thank you, Michael, for the compliment. There is still so much for me to learn, but thanks to the helpful folks who post on this website, I'm not in the deep fog I was two years ago when I first started. But I am far from an expert!

I don't know of any other site similar to this, but you might look up all the wells and permits in sections surrounding yours (on Tx. RRC website's interactive map), then contact those companies who are already active nearby. If possible, I'd probably do some research online about each company before contacting them (not all independents have websites, but sometimes you can find info just Googling them). Also there are lots of articles about activity in the area, and the predominant companies. (Can you tell I spend a lot of time online doing research?)

I also did research at a title company on who had mineral leases in sections surrounding/close to ours.

Good luck!

Another tip I got from this website is to set up Google Alerts. http://www.google.com/alerts?hl=en

When there's a press release or a company mentioned that you have an alert set for, you get a notification in your Inbox. I have alerts set up for "Cline shale", each county where we have minerals (Lynn, Terry, Yoakum), and each company with whom we have a mineral lease.

Yes, I sometimes get the same article from multiple sources, but it's worth it for the info I get.