Yoakum County Oil Lease Bonus Values

Looking for a little help. Does anyone have a clue of the current bonuses being offered today in Yoakum county?

Welcome to the forum Ted! I assume you mean Yoakum County, Texas? If so, keep in mind that the lease terms being offered vary tremendously depending on what part of the county you are in and what play is involved. Having said that, my information is that bonus in Yoakum seem to vary widely, from $50 to $2900, depending on where in the county you are. You may want to check with a local oil and gas attorney to get more specific information.

1 Like

Yes, Texas. I’m referring to section 725. Is that enough info? New at this.Thanks

This link opens the RRC’s map viewer to a permitted well in Section 726, Yoakum county, Texas. Note there are a number of permitted wells and one producing well in this section.

Ted1: You may want to hire an oil and gas attorney to do the research to give you a more specific answer. That information will help them. Keep in mind that bonus is only one part of an oil and gas lease negotiation and that oil and gas leases are complex documents. Also be aware that bonus is often tied to specific terms in the lease, for example, the length of the primary term (i.e., longer primary terms can result in larger bonus). Finally, please be aware that the “fine print” in the lease can have more to do with the income you will realize from the lease over time than the bonus.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.