Yoakum County Landman

I inherited surface rights to land in Yoakum County, and there are some indications that we own mineral rights as well. All was I a trust from the 1930’s, I think, until the death of my father in 2007. As I began trying to figure out what we had (my dad never really knew what it was), I found OXY to be quite helpful until one day I was stonewalled by them. The company that managed the trust is far less than forthcoming about what was sold, in terms of mineral rights, when. It has been suggested we hire a Landman to make the final determination of what, if any, mineral rights we still have. Does anyone know of a reputable Landman in Yoakum county I could contact? If it turns out we have no mineral rights is there a reason to continue to hold on to the land?

Ellen You can always sell the surface and make sure the contract states that you retain all the minerals. If the minerals show up in the title search or anytime the paper trail will show that you retained the minerals.

Thanks Ralph. Would it be wise to do the search regardless of sale? And is that really only possible by a Landman?

You can always sell the surface and make sure the contract states that you retain all the minerals. If the minerals show up in the title search or anytime the paper trail will show that you retained the minerals.

Yes, that sound just like what I have, or my family. How do I find out if they are drilling on block D, cert. number 413, John Gibson survey in Yoakum county...10 of 640?

Thanks for any help,

Bob Odell