XTO not paying

I have not been paid by XTO . My grandfather bought this in 1942 . I was told this was to pay me well in the future by my trustee. The state treasurer is wanting death certificates of a man that’s been dead for over 60 years . When it’s all documented at the acessors office . Would anyone know a good attorney to recommend. I’m being booondoggled and need some immediate help .

More information is needed…like State, County and exact location of minerals such as Section, Block and/or Abstract number

The state treasurer has to be very careful as to who they pay out to. Asking for the death certificate is perfectly normal. You can get the certificate from the county courthouse where your grandfather lived when he died (for a small fee). If your trustee is still living, then you need to get copies of your trust as the wording of the trust is important.

We can help you on the wells if you give us the state and county and a description of the acres. XTO may or may not be the correct company, As to an attorney, that will be specific by state.

Some states, like Oklahoma, have a centralized department for death certificates. State treasurers are much more diligent these days in requiring documentation due to fraudsters improperly claiming funds. Often this will also include the need for a deed or lease tying your grandfather to the particular property.

This post is not legal, investment or tax advice, it is for discussion purposes only. Reading or responding to this post does not create an attorney-client relationship.

I suspect there is a reason why they are not paying out royalties at the present time other than financial trouble. If your well stops producing or the company decides to stop production on your land for any reason ( **market prices, oversupply, shut-in etc.), you will stop receiving royalties. Once the lease has expired on your mineral rights and you’re no longer under contract, you will stop receiving royalties.

So before you spend any cash for an attorney to look into it, you might want to call the corporate department that deals with the owners (lessors) to inquire what may be happening with your well. You should be able to get to the heart if the matter quickly without spending cash on an attorney that would do the same thing you would do.

I know a good oil and gas attorney in Oklahoma but you don’t reference the state.

Can you give me the name of your good attorney in Oklahoma?

I have a similar situation ! Need Legal help , Please !

Help for Pecos County Texas

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.