Xto has no record of rights

I’m contacting the operators of my inherited rights. Xto is the operator for quite a few of them. When I called today they told me they have no records of either of my Grandparents names. I checked to see if it was under the trust but the pleasant gentleman couldn’t find anything. I have the warranty deed right in front of me. What is the process. These are severely fractured rights. They were 1/24 and 1/32 non-partcipating interest. They are term but say “for a term of 25 years from 10/16/1961 and as long thereafter as long as oil, gas & other minerals are produced”

First step would be an investigation to determine if there was production of oil, gas or other minerals on 10/16/1986 and if so, has it continued to the present. Another step is to trace ownership of the interests from your grandparents to the present through research in the county real property records. Hope this helps.

1 Like

If there was production on or before 10/16/86, the NPI stays in effect as long as there is production. You need to tract production information on those interests to see if there was production on or before that date and if production continued. If production ceased, your NPI dissolves and reverts back to the rightful owner as per any stipulations for the NPI.

1 Like

Am I looking at the date it was drilled or the day it produced?

Not an attorney, but my guess is the deed says as long thereafter as there is production. So from my perspective, the well must be producing. IMHO.

Ok that rules out an entire section, thank you. The section we have 1/24 is not a term lease. “Undivided 1/24th interest in lots 1 & 2 and the South half of the NE Quarter (s/2 ne/4) of section 6 20 N 11W”. That well is active but it looks like it’s on a border lot 1 and SENE Neufueld 2-6 api 350932890 Xto is also the current operator.

Neufeld #2-6 has 640 acre spacing and is apparently still producing, so the description is in the spacing. Were the rights in your grandparent’s names or a trust or did they sell out? You may need to do a bit more investigative work.

I’m not sure what kind of investigating I can do. Everything was in my Grandfather’s name until he passed in 2013. After that my Grandmother put it in her trust. My Grandfather’s name only brings up a few records, the oldest being from 2008. Mostly easements, one QCD in the city of Fairview and then the order that was filed when he passed that has the same property descriptions that the new warranty deed that was filed this November has. If he had sold them would they still show up as his property in the order and later in the warranty deed?

This topic was automatically closed after 60 days. New replies are no longer allowed.