WV"s "Good Faith" law

Several of you have mentioned to me WV"s "Good Faith" law. I post a request asking someone to tell me where I could find the law printed out and so far have received no reply.

I was told that all I had to do was receive a sealed envelope from the USPS and I was obligated to the sender's wishes, in this case I would have agreed to a contract that was sent to me unsolicited. Nonsense!

Someone point me in the direction of where this Good Faith law of WV is printed out.

If this was in fact a WV law then operations like Publishers Clearing House must be making a fortune, or, the post offices in WV most spend a lot of time sending unaccepted mail back to the senders.

#1 The USPS is nothing more then a courier unless agreed on by all parties. If you do not know the sender there can be no such agreement.

#2 The USPS form that is returned to the sender to indicate delivery service comes in two forms: One requires the courier to scan the bar code of the delivered item, indicate the address delivered to, and the time. There is no way to determine who took the package out of the mailbox and therefore no one can be held accountable.

The second is SUPPOSED to require the signature of the receiver. That used to mean something but I have found envelopes in my mailbox with the form that needs to be signed still attached. So who received the envelope?

In other words what you claim the law reads does not hold up.

Good Faith can mean several things: In this case someone with whom you are not connected at present, sends to you, perhaps, a contract that they feel you MIGHT find at least worth considering. You, in return, do not "broadcast" the contract to others, the information contained within remains private between the parties involved.

YOU decide to honor or not honor the contract, not the sender.

Have I mentioned this before, are West Virginians programmed at birth for failure? It is not hard to believe that the ones making false claims about the "Good Faith" law were. RCR 1/20/2017