Woodward County, OK - Oil & Gas Discussion archives

Thank you Virginia.

Charlie,

I don't own any minerals in Woodward Co. but I have in-laws who do. I know Randall Raulston, Inc. is a landman service in Woodward. He has been active to the south of your area. He took leases for WCT Resources LLC in sections 20,21,22,28 & 33 -22N-21W. He may also be working for Range Resources but nothing has been assigned yet. I think WCT Resources is out of the OKC area but am not 100% sure. WCT Resources took a lease from the school land commission in sec. 22-23N-21W and paid $757.00/a and 3/16 royalty. Range Resources is on their 3rd horizontal well on the west side of Woodward. In section 28-23N-21W Range's pooling order offered $450.00/a and 1/8 royalty, $400.00/a and 3/16 royalty & $0 bonus and 1/4 royalty. I know Trueblood Resources out of Denver was leasing in your area a 2-3 years ago and I think they offered $100.00/a 3/16 royalty and 3 years or $200.00/a 3/16 royalty and a 5 year lease. Range has drilled horizontal wells in sections 29,28 and are currently in section 22-23N-21W and have another location ready in section 29 again. Hope this is useful and they move north toward your area.

Lawrence Lindley

Has anyone sold minerals in the S. Part of Woodward Co, OK? If so, what are minerals going for? We have the option to purchases 220 A of undivided minerals, the section has had 3 dry holes, but gas wells across the road.

I have an offer to lease 2.4 ac tract 5&6 of sect 7 - 23N - 21W Woodard county. Off by R. D. Williams & Co Ardmore,OK. Offer is $350 - 3 yr primary term with 3/16th royality. Any thoughts on any of this?

Lawrence Lindley, just saw your note to me, and I want to belatedly say thank you. Sorry for being so tardy.

What is leasing going for in SW Woodward Co?

Has anyone leased south of 22-22N-21W?

Sec 20-20N-17W and Sec 21-20N-17W. Anyone know of leasing in area?

What rates?

My name is Troy Curtis, a landman, with Concho Land Company in Freedom, OK as well as Oklahoma City. I thought while times are slower, I would offer to help with any questions people may have in general and post my email, conchojobs@gmail.com for any and all questions. I also wanted to offer our services for individuals in need of mineral research or help with production related concerns in all Oklahoma Counties and the surrounding states.

House Bill 2177 is being discussed in the Oklahoma House right now, and it impacts royalty owners. It's worth the time to read and listen to this.

http://okenergytoday.vbulletin.net/forum/main-forum/324-a-must-read-and-listen-about-house-bill-2177

I own small mineral acreage in 18-20n-19w. Anybody have a idea of what the leasing rates are in this area?

Hi there I am a new owner of mineral deed. What is a NMA? What does a landman do? How do I find out if there is activity on the land?

Thank you in advance....

Amanda

I have an interest in sec 32-21N-19W. Received a lease offer from Continental Land Resoures for 700/ac, 3 yr, 3/16 and 2 yr option at 700/ac, Any one else with an offer? Don't know if good or not.

I recently received a lease offer in 20N 22W. $100/nma. Interesting as I haven't seen many leases filed around here. (nobody is drilling either!) Would appreciate any news from other in this area.

Pato,

This is on the low side, I would try for a little more. There isn't much drilling going on anyway right now. But, it will return once oil/gas goes up, maybe in a year or so. They did hit a good well about 6 miles east of your range.

my 6 siblings and i own mineral rights on sec 4 range 20 N-20 W. danick corp is drilling there, the freedom wells. there used to be one called the heather, and another the norman, but i believe they are no longer. can anyone in the area tell us what's going on in that part of woodward? we're in the dark. my siblings live in fl, i live in tx, san antonio. i know there is a world wide problem with oil production right now, but we've virtually rec nothing since apr this yr. rec $45.oo july each, and nothing until end of nov, rec $37.00 each. we do have one company offering to buy the mineral rights for $750/mineral acre. one of my sisters took that and got pd within 6 days. we each own 14.33 ac .we used to own the land 108 ac, but sold it in 2008, but retained mineral rights. i guess what i'm asking is this: does anyone know what's going on in the area, the driller tells us to hold onto the mineral rights bc when oil prices come back up we should be earning some money. anybody have any opinions on this?

i and my 6 siblings own mineral rights on sec 4 range 20 w township 20 n. we used to own the land but sold it in 2008 but retained mineral rights. danic corp is drilling in that area. these are the freedom wells, although prodcution way down right now. this used to be the old adams property my great grandfather bought in late 1890's, sold to my grandfather, and left to my dad and his sister upon grandma's death. was a total of 216 ac divided between my dad and his sister. just wondering if anyone has heard of any real prodcution going on in area?

Question. Three people own the same mineral acreage so are three leases required for the oil company to drill or just one signature needed. By the way anyone know the going lease rates for 7-21N-19W. Thanks for your help

7-21N-20W 3yr 3/16 $800/ac

Charles,

First 3 people have an undivided mineral acreage in some property. So let's said, the mineral acres are 30 acres, so each person owns 10 acres of undivided minerals in the same property.

Does each have to sign a lease? Usually they will each be ask to sign a lease, the bonus may be different, depending on how good of a negotiate they are. Now lets say, one of these people don't want to sign a lease, usually the oil company will just pool them and they may not get a bonus. Regarding leases bonus, I have heard of $600 to $800 for 3 yr 3/16. You may want to try for 1/5, make sure you mark out you will pay for transportation, etc. Also, they may want an 2 year extension at the same price. I usually ask for more bonus for any extension.

Me again. The company offering me a lease(Continental) doesn't want to raise the shut in rental price from $1 to $10. Can anyone explain to me what's the big deal for them to do that?