Woods County, OK - Oil & Gas Discussion archives

trying to research title/deed transfer thru multiple trusts

Can I call the Clerk of courts to find out deed or title information?

CAN ANYBODY GIVE ME INFO ON WELL THAT IS IN S4 T23 14W

Brian They can help with some info. What are you trying to find ?

Check this out

http://www.star-telegram.com/2013/03/14/4689707/ed-bass-other-plain…

Woods: SandRidge Exploration & Production LLC; Talon 2713 No. 2-6H Well; NE1/4 NW1/4 NW1/4 NE1/4 (BHL) of 06-27N-13W; 35.1 barrels oil per day, 437,000 cu-ft gas per day; TD 10,495.

Woods: Chesapeake Operating Inc.; Vickie 12-28-15 No. 1H Well; S1/2 SE1/4 SW1/4 SE1/4 (SL) of 01-28N-15W; 221 barrels oil per day, 119,000 cu-ft gas per day; TD 10,107.

Chesapeake Operating Inc.; Donna 11-28-15 No. 1H Well; SE1/4 SW1/4 SE1/4 SE1/4 (SL) of 02-28N-15W; 215 barrels oil per day, 760,000 cu-ft gas per day; TD 10,329.

Chesapeake Operating Inc.; Erick 12-28-15 No. 1H Well; NW1/4 NW1/4 NE1/4 NW1/4 (SL) of 12-28N-15W; 272 barrels oil per day, 325,000 cu-ft gas per day; TD 9,974.

Chesapeake Operating Inc.; Travis 12-28-15 No. 1H Well; NW1/4 NE1/4 NW1/4 NW1/4 (SL) of 12-28N-15W; 471 barrels oil per day, 375,000 cu-ft gas per day; TD 9,954.

Woods: Chesapeake Operating Inc.; Palladin 1-28-15 No. 1H Well; SW1/4 SE1/4 SW1/4 SE1/4 (SL) of 01-28N-15W; 503 barrels oil per day, 416,000 cu-ft gas per day; TD 9,953.

I am not sure what name name is for. is it like the mineral deed is a transfer from the Joe Doe Rev. Trust to your wife Mary Smith. Are you trying to lease to the Oil Co. or have they already drilled the well ? The oil Co. has it as the John Doe Rev Trust ?

Need some direction. Wife has come into some mineral right through a trust. The mineral deed transfer has been sent to be recorded. Transfer comes from Name Name Revocable Trust–Oil co title opinion has it as Name Name so therefore are asking for affidavit of heirship. Any easy way to handle this.

FYI Name Name has living children.

Has Joe Doe passed away and therefore dissolved the trust? If so, you probably just need to send the oil company a copy of the death certified. Since it’s coming out of a trust, they are probably just needing information on why the mineral deed was filed. You may need to call the oil company and find out what they really want.

Oil Co has it as Joe Doe. The Mineral Deed Transfer is from Joe Doe Rev Trust to Mary Smith. It is currently under lease with a well from a pooling order.

Brian,

Was the will probated for Joe Doe? If so, sent a copy with the death certificate and probate. I wonder if Joe Doe leased it, then transferred the minerals into a trust. Sounds like the title wasn’t cleared when it was transferred into the trust, so it has 2 names, like Joe Doe and Joe Doe trust. You may have to hire an attorney to get this filed correctly. An affidavit of heirship of the trust and Joe Doe estate may need to be filed in order to clear the mineral title.

There should be some kind of deed that showed transfer from J.D. to J.D. Trust . Then Death Certificate. Then deed from J.D. Trust by successor Trustee to Mary Smith. Something to prove successor trustee. Was a deed for transfer of the interest to J.D Trust ever done and recorded.

Did not see your and Virginia’s last post before I sent my last post.

Joe Doe has passed away and oil company emailed stating they need affidavit of heirship and copy of death certificate even with mineral deed transfer because of the Joe Doe/Joe Doe Rev Trust difference. Oil co title opinion is only Joe Doe.

No will no probate just trust with pourover(?) verbage stating anything Joe Doe had went into the trust. Joe Doe passed away years ago before pooling order and income was to go to spouse who has since passed causing final settlement of estate. It appears mineral rights were originally not properly transferred to Joe Doe.

Any net acre selling prices for Woods 33-27N-16W?

Brian Woods Co. records are not online, and in most cases they don’t put the sale price on the deeds, documentary stamps might help ,but its going to take a trip to the court house to work on that. Are you leased and how many acres do you have ? I found a pooling for 16-27n-16w dated 4/2/13 were they were ordered to offer $850 for 3/16th or 650 for 1/5th . It looks like drilling in 27n-16w is going to pickup some.