Woods County, OK - Oil & Gas Discussion archives

Don’t give up. Sounds like you have the MSSP covered…If there isn;'t any sort of depth of ownership stuff in your files, you also own Simpson rights (they have offsets producing from it) . Even if all you get is MSSP production from that wellbore it’s bett’n a kick in the head.

IF they decide to go back to the Simpson interval they reported at 3 MCFD with 1,575 BW (I can send you the 1002A’s, if you haven’t seen them already) & produce it and have a place to go with the water, they will, most likely try that @ some point…Some of the big heads call it dewatering & it has shown itself successful @ times.

Looking into the reported volumes that Chesapeake doesn’t claim…This sort of thing does happen, unfortunately. The OCC is changing over their production reporting information and we have found large gaps in volumes that make it to the public source (IHS) we used…The relationship between the OCC & IHS seems like two companies attempting to share information but, run different directions, understaffed and overworked. We being the 3rd company wanting information from both…it may take some time?

Nick & Lora,

Thank you so much for your help and support. I think they dropped the ball entirely…it was as if we didn’t even exist…we only have 80 acres, but that is still 1/8th of the area spacing unit. For non-leased property owners they have to at least claim that they tried to contact them. However, if you have a lease the law assumes you don’t need that protection…so there is no such requirement. Further, they only need so many of the owners to actually sign for the drilling to begin…65%??..can’t remember for sure…So my guess is that they work to get to that percentage and then get lazy…If you are not included my property or name in the spacing unit or pooling order, which we did not, even a court review does nothing to catch such omissions…

When this first happened I kept asking about that escrow account…the OCC knew nothing and there wasn’t any way to look at Chesapeake’s records to see if they had actually set aside money for us…doubtful since they denied we even existed!!! However, if access to those records could have been obtained, and they were accurate (will never know since no audit requirements exist apparently) it could have resolved the production number discrepency.

So did you get any explanation about why the numbers reported were supposedly so inaccurate?? I really wish I knew if their tax reports were equally flawed…I think the tax commission would be interested in whether or not they are receiving accurate numbers and you’d think Chesapeake would want to recoup some tax monies if they were taxed on production that didn’t occur.

I worked in government for a lot of years and our agencies were regulated tightly… audits coming from within and from without…regulatory agencies… that is why I’m just astounded that in the private sector these same sort of checks and balances do not exist. Also, when you aren’t held accountable for any errors made, there clearly is no incentive to expend any more than the minimum necessary on record keeping accuracy…particularly if the errors are to your benefit.

By the way… there have been, and there are currently several class action suits against Chesapeake by mineral rights owners…one of them in Oklahoma. It doesn’t help us but at least some people are trying. However, my guess is that like a lot of corporations their attorneys and bean counters have advised them that it is cheaper to deal with such suits as they come up rather than actually fix any of the problems… and the bottom line is what drives those in the business of making money, which Chesapeake clearly is.

But, I do have to admit that life has led me to be rather jaded and cynical…particularly law school…some 20 years ago…I never did practice (I was in a joint program - Law & Psychology)…in part because I went in wanting to achieve justice (Perry Mason complex…the good and right always win), only to discover what a game it was that had much more to do with power and priviledge for those rich and powerful enough to influence what laws are passed…highly paid lobbys making sure their interests were protected…than anything about actual justice or fairness or even decency…

So… take my comments with a grain of salt…I’d like to believe in the trustworthiness and honesty of others, including companies, but that just hasn’t been my experience…

On the positive side, our interests are small (only 16 acres for each sister), so regarless of whether or not we’re getting less than we are entitled to, at least it isn’t an earth shattering amount by any means. It is just very disappointing that after my father and grandfather held on to this land for over 100 years with the hope that someday… when the day finally arrived we were cheated out of the whole experience since it was 2 years after the fact when we discovered what had been happening, and then the experience we do get ends up being one mishap after another. (My grandfather was an old time doctor…horse and medical bag with house calls and all…he was given the land in payment for his services…so it has been one of those interesting family stories…My Dad passed away 14 years ago and so my objective has been to try to ensure that his memory / hopes were not disrespected…and he was all about principle as a Minister…so, although the amount at issue is small, it is the principle of the thing that gets me so upset…

And, because of that, I did want to know if all that has happened has been the result of a simple series of innocent mistakes and oversights (we were just very unlucky) or if it was a result of intentional / typical patterns of disregard for mineral owners and self-interest in profits and covering their tails. Also, it would be nice to know if we have or have not gotten what we were entitled to…as small as that is…

Joni

You are welcome Joni.

It USUALLY all works out eventually. The operator has to keep “undistributed” royalty money in an escrow account. That’s not much help for the mineral owner that wasn’t told about the well(s) though.

IHS Energy is one public source for production records for most of the country…They are understaffed, as are most state regulatory agencies and the good old days of having “scouts in the field” reporting activity are long gone and greatly missed.

As far as the company jacking you around when your lease contains the correct addresses, that seems a bit troubling & you need to keep bugging them as the squeaky wheel always gets it’s oil revenue ;0) Just remember if the dollar amount is low each month, they will only send periodic statements and checks (could be once a year minimum, I believe) under the premise of it being too much trouble to pay less than some corporate limit…say $100?

I would suggest once a year you check for activity on your minerals through either the OCC (it may be incorrect but, it USUALLY has the activity right) or IHS or one of the other well information services that are out there to make a buck off reported oil & gas activity.

BTW, the OTC does have volumes recorded for the time the Simpson was reported as producing: 3 MCF during 2/09 and 104 MCF & 20 BO for 11/09 (I suppose this last month could be from the Mississippi as the completion report says work started on the recompletion on 11/20/09). For the Mississippi it looks like the OTC has 5,095 MCF & 145 BO, then, 4,246 MCF & 168 BO for 12/09 & 1/10 respectively. I should be able to get more current volumes from the OTC, if needed.

Keep the faith & plan on their water disposal well to allow them to produce your well with a big pump to increase oil &/or gas revenue.

I agree with you Joni, and Nick’s information is very helpful. I would think a class action lawsuit would help but would be expensive. Makes me think of Erin Brockovitch. We should be so lucky as to hold such a large company accountable. Their videos make it look like they really care about us but it sure does not sound like it to me now. Thank you for all the information contributed. I certainly appreciate the education.

Ron mcKenzie-- This is Roy D. --I’m still out here. Thanks for remembering! In 25n-14w I got Sections 22 &28. Also in 25n- 17w.

A well in 13-25n-13w tested 921b.o.d. & 1200 mcf a day. One in 36-26n-17w tested 440 b.o.d. & 2900 mcf. Great wells . They will put more in each section I would bet.

Chesapeake has a hearing next week for 3 location exceptions in 4-28n-14w. The well there now tested 335b.o.d. & 186 mcf. Case # 201200685, 86 & 87. These wells are less then 10,000 ft. Somebody is making some money!

Roy D. Mercer, are you still out there? You still want info on 25n-14w.

need info on 4 24n 14w in woods county okla anyone know anything. email me okietomcat@hotmail.com

4-24N-14W: I show 4 dry holes, 3 wells completed for production, no activity from the OCC database. Nearest horizontal well is the CHK Shaina #1H, less than a mile to the east in 35-25N-14W. It was spud 1/11/12. I imagine it’s completed by now but, I don’t find any production information.

Ron–thanks for this good info–most I’ve heard. Appreciate it!

I have some small interests in 25-14 so if I get the chance, think I will go for the 1/4 with no cash. Boy I sure appreciate the info-- Okla different from Texas. Thanksagain.

Thanks–I hope I get the chance. Buenos suerte amigo.

looking for a lease on 4 24n 14w in woods county okla.

Roy ,25-14 has poolings in some stage or another for horizontal wells in 6,35,2,5,13, & spacing for horiz. in 3 & 1. I haven’t look for completed wells yet . 25-14 is hot with drilling. I also will look for something on lease prices,I wouldn’t get in a hurry , this horiz. play is new & hot. Don’t go away. Nothing in 24-14 is horiz.yet Karen.

Roy, I wouldn’t have anything to do with Texas. I was talking south Okla. That was almost an insult. Talk to you latter.

Good luck with the 1/4 royalty. I hope you get it.

Roy, AT the pooling the Okla.Corp. Comm. makes the company wanting to drill pay based on what was paid for leases in the eight sections around the one being pooled. In 5 it was 700 for 3/16th or 500 for 1/5th in 2 it was 750 for 3/16th or 500 for 1/5th. In Grady, Garvin & Stephens Co. they started about there but are up to 1300 for 3/16th or no cash and a 1/4 royalty, which adds up on a good well or more then one well per section. That is 33&1/3% more then 3/16. The well cost down south is twice as much to drill and they don’t seem to be getting as much oil as you are here on a lot of the wells.

I not only resent that alligation, I resent the alligator!

Roy, there is a Roy D. Mercer in Stephens Co.