Winkler County, TX - Oil & Gas Discussion archives

Any recompletion will be formalized by a W2 completion form - so recent completions will be the source of answers on this issue

Thank you, Rock Man.

Why would a company report a completion which only produces water during the 24 hr IP? http://webapps.rrc.state.tx.us/CMPL/viewPdfReportFormAction.do?method=cmplW2FormPdf&packetSummaryId=154160

I know this group. Thinking that they have posted very early post frac flow back info- fulfills Tx RRC filing obligations without saying anything

Thank you for the information.

Hello

I received Lease Ratifications from Holland Services on behalf of Felix Energy, LLC to pool the above mentioned properties in Winkler County.. Has anyone heard anything about this? Or have any insight as to how I should go about determining whether or not I should sign?

Mathew

Is there any significant drilling activity in or near Section 30, Block A-57, PSL, Winkler County?

John,

The latest activity I see was to the North of Section 30 in 2006 and 2007. Roca Operating drilled 2 horizontal producers into the Mississippi Formation.. Those 2 Horizontal wells are 4 to 5 miles to the North of your minerals.

GIS Map of Winkler County Section 30/Block A57 and surrounding area:

CLICK ON MAP TO ENLARGE

Clint Liles

QEP drilled a horizontal Woodford shale well about 4.5 miles to the north of Sec 30 this year. [Refer to QEP's Q2 2016 transcript.] QEP has leased tens of thousands of acres of land in Winkler, Lea, and Andrews counties. Have you been approached about selling minerals in this section?

http://seekingalpha.com/article/3993696-qep-resources-qep-ceo-charles-stanley-q2-2016-results-earnings-call-transcript?part=single

David Heikkinen

Yes. It's worth a try. And then, you address the thoughts on 99% of the assets that have signed joinders. The only other question I guess the wildcat well, just tracking, it looks like is in Winkler County, is that something you'd update in the next quarter or they take more time for production results??

Charles Stanley [QEP]

Without going into the gory details, the well is performing, is not performing to our expectations and to the expectations are created by the core data and wire line data we have, as well as analog data from other similar plays and so we think that there is some potential, precipitant in the well that was caused by a mixture of the frac fluid with some materials in the rock that may be impacting the performance. The team is evaluating, either re-stimulating the well or potentially drilling another well and we are just not ready yet to talk about the details until we make up our mind on the next step on the evaluation of the asset, but stay tuned.

Thanks AJ...I missed that well.

http://webapps2.rrc.state.tx.us/EWA/specificLeaseQueryAction.do?tab=init&viewType=prodAndTotalDisp&methodToCall=fromGisViewer&pdqSearchArgs.paramValue=|2=08|3=2015|4=07|5=2016|103=47718|6=O|102=08|8=specificLease|204=district|9=dispDetails|10=0

Clint Liles

Drilling is in progress on QEP's second hz well in Winkler county NE of Kermit. Is this target a different bench of the Woodford shale? http://webapps2.rrc.state.tx.us/EWA/drillingPermitDetailAction.do?methodToCall=searchByUniversalDocNo&universalDocNo=490569438&rrcActionMan=H4sIAAAAAAAAAL1Qy2rDMBD8mvQoJNkOzmEPpqTnPkJzMDko9uII5Acrmbagj-_KpZA6vbYnze4Mo52JSkrQUUkF6o6oqZpgx-G5obaWJ1j2b3g20-S1YFr4YAKK8C5mv8mqUrJCw0Y_7I8VwyzBlqxzdugekXob_NOM9PFlK9qRRTn0GC5jexjvjXO8KIAwzDQcxhc01Fx4VYK8uab2C1tR58VkyPSvxs24HMme-a5IoIAzdnbwRxuSDxv9mJVezdf61Y_q__L779xbmEyHdJXv1zLUqV7r0rFLCRqUjBnDMoupllzGgp9d3DJx6_PXpX4Ct4fBs2ECAAA

No way to confirm target since there is no TVD indicator / info in the permit. They may be trying another "bench" in the Woodford. But that is just conjecture

This permit appears to be a recompletion of the YT Family Land lease deep well in the shallower San Andres formation NE of Kermit. But it is also labeled an injection well. So is it meant to produce or dispose of produced water? Same company has permitted a hz San Andres well about a mile to the west.

Forge Energy in Winkler?

I am a new member and would like to find some help regarding my mineral interests in Winkler county.

I own a fractional share of the mineral interests on a couple of sections west of Kermit. There are a couple of old gas wells still producing, although just a trickle. At the same time I am recently getting outstanding offers to buy out my interest. Can anyone suggest a way for me to get some "ground truth" on the situation?

Forge Energy is the current operator, recently taking over from Shell Western. I see that Forge is a player in the horizontal drilling arena, and that Felix Energy, holding leases on neighboring sections, has applied for several horizontal drilling permits.

We are trying to determine if we should "take the money and run", especially if it is fueled by foolish speculation, or retain our interests in expectation of new wells producing more than the old vertical wells. Does anyone have insight into Forge Energy in Winkler?

I also have some questions about transferring my mineral interest into joint name with my partner, and would greatly appreciate any guidance with respect to a local landman/lawyer.

Thank you.

TX-Completions-1dce3a23-f2a4-40e7-ad60-a1ab8c97ad9a%20Forge.pdf

As for recent activity and results in your area, I would suggest you go to the Tx RRC site to look at recent horizontal completions in your area as well as monthly production from those wells.

I have attached a recent (Dec 2016) Forge horizontal completion report for Winkler County.

Thank you, Rock Man.

Clint Liles has given me some pointers on production data, and moved this thread into its own discussion group.

Regarding the completion report, does multiplying the 24-hr production rate by 30 give a reasonable estimate of the well's actual initial monthly production? I do understand production will diminish over time, quickly at first. I'm trying to estimate what a new well like this will produce in comparison to the old gas wells on my interest property.

Thank you again,
Caleb.

Completion reports are tricky to interpret since there is no consistency in how they are filled out and filed by operators.

Note that all these frac'd wells have a LOT of water associated with the first several weeks (or months) of flow back. So the timing of when the O&G rate is measured can vary based on how soon the IP test is measured once the well is opened up.

There is a section on may completion reports indicating how much oil was produced prior to the test date. By looking at this and pulling in the dates of first production vs test date, you can get an idea of average rate over a time period.

Getting to your question, if it were myself, I would take the initial test rate on completion form and look at that times 30 times 90% for first month of production. And keep decreasing it a bit every month after that.

I'm looking for any information I can find out about Haley 27-28 and Wadsworth 39, here in Winkler County. I have some history already but would like to find more detailed information. My GF acquired it in 1945 and I would like to find out how many different wells have been drilled on the properties since then. I know of the current Lease I have dated 2004 shows only one Gas Well on each [property but how many before that I'm not sure were drilled since 1945. How many more can be added to the 640 AC and active at the same time. Seems like just one is fewer than I would expect for a given square mile.

Also has anyone in this forum who has rights in these two properties been offered anything as a buyout recently. ??

Does anyone have any idea as to up coming prospective expansions or drillings that may be taking place with respect to just these two properties..?? I'm just wanting to bring myself up to date as to just what is happening so I can make a better judgment as to my future plans for the properties.

Thanks

Robert,

It would be easier to produce information if you would give us more information like Section, Block, and/or Abstract # . Also do you have the API # of the wells in question?

Thanks,

Clint Liles