Windham wells research

I have inherited a number of interests in wells (many Windham) in Upton County. Is there any way to research if I am missing any? The well#s are mostly in sequence but adjacent wells in the center of the group do not appear on my statement and I think they should. Can property be researched by my grandfather's name? He was the landman.

Hi TC,

I'm actually in the process of acquiring some Windham well royalties, perhaps I can help you with this if you are still looking for help. What was your grandfather's name?

TC....we are cousins! I am writing a book about our great-grandmother. Would you mind contacting me and letting me know if you have any stories you remember about her that I can put in the book? By the way, I'd like to get to know you, too!

Depending on the year he filed papers of record at the County Clerk, you might be able to search on line. There is more than one online deed search website. At TexasFile dot com, you can search the index by name for free. Any copies (actually PDF images) of documents costs about $1 per page. Their online records go back to 1979.

If you know someone in the business, they might have access to DrillingInfo dot com, a very good tool, but it's expensive. Best wishes to you in your research.