Wind Farms in Caddo county

Can someone guide me on who I need to speak to about the new wind farms that have just went up between Apache and Anadarko? I’m a land owner in that area and there is a huge turbine fairly close to our well.

1 Like

If you give the section, township and range, it will locate the wind farm better. Do you mean a water well or a oil/gas well?

New ones in Section 4-6N-11W for sure. If you have surface nearby I would think you signed Wind Farm Lease several years ago. I know that area very well.

I have an oil/gas well. It’s controlled through the BIA. ( Sec.22-6N-11W / McCay BIA no. 1-22) The wind turbine is literally 2-300 yards from the actual well. I’ve went to the BIA realty office and they said they had someone physically drive out there to see if any wind turbines were on any trust land and they said there weren’t any. Problem is I don’t believe them. The turbine is so close! Even if it isn’t actually on our land it messes with the property value.

Take pictures of the wind turbine and the proximity to the well location. Take pictures of the well name sign.

No, we’ve never signed a wind farm lease. Our land is Indian Trust land controlled through the BIA but the BIA has never notified us of any wind farm lease. My section is 22-6N-11W. (McCay BIA 1-22) Who can I go to for land boundary measurements? The turbine is so close to our well (200 yards away at most).

I have done that and have the pics on my phone.

Boundary lines look to be there other than North. I do that area has numerous new Farms and I believe the company did not attempt to obtain Leases/Permits from Trust lands. Lots of Trust lands in 6N-11W.

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.