Wilson 184-185 Unit

My wife and I have interest in the Wilson 184-185 Unit lease in Ward County TX.

I can see that 4 permitted wells were spud in July 2022. We visited the well in November 2022 and could see active work on 4 new Christmas trees on the new well pad adjacent to well #2H.

We have heard nothing, but #2H started declining in production in December 2022.

When might Permian Resources start paying royalties on the new wells?

Thanks for any ideas or information!

Colgate got drilling permits approved in July, 2022 for four wells in the Wilson 184-185 unit. No completion reports have been posted on RRC yet but the State Comptroller’s site shows first sales were reported from each of those new wells in February.

Based on several recent posts by TennisDaze and others that you can find by using the looking glass feature at the top of the page, Permian apparently has been slow in sending out division orders and starting royalty payments on leases acquired when they took over Colgate.

You mentioned owning interest in the 2H well. From the plats with the permits the first wells drilled by Luxe and the more recent wells drilled by Colgate, now Permian, appear to be in separate units. They are both called the Wilson 184-185 but the one where the 2H is located covered the west half of two sections, and another unit covered the east half of the sections where the four most recent wells were drilled. If the undivided interest you own covers the full section 184 or 185 you should be in both units but if it is only in the west half you may not be part of that latest unit.

1 Like

Thank you Dusty1!

How do I search for the sales on the Comptroller site?

Dusty1, just a little more follow-up. I have looked at the original plat for Well #2H in Wilson 184-185 Unit. The unit covers the east half of sections 184 and 185 The 4 new permitted wells all show the same lease name as well #2H. In addition, the original acreage of 648.15 acres shows as 129.63 acres for each of the 5 wells shown on the P-16 which includes Wilson 184-185 Unit Well #2H.

So, my understanding at this point is that there will be 5 wells total with 129.63 acres assigned to each well. All within one pooled unit with the same boundaries as the initial 2H well.

I think I have this correct.

I would appreciate it if you or another reader would tell me how to search on the Comptroller’s web site to see if production for any of the new wells shows up.

Thanks, Russ Smith

Russ

Here’s a link to the Comptroller’s Site (CONG). If it doesn’t open click Log In. https://mycpa.cpa.state.tx.us/cong/reportLeaseDropCOForward.do

You should find two separate reports for each well, one under the heading Crude Drop and the other Natural Gas Drop, for each month starting with February. Until the operator files a completion report and RRC assigns a lease number for the well sales are reported on CONG under what they call the drilling permit number, which is the same thing RRC calls the well’s status number,

That drilling permit number for 131H is 881750, 132H 881774, 232H 881776, 332H 881777

Click Crude or Natural Gas Drop at the left side of the page. Enter beginning and ending dates for the period you what to see using two digits for year followed by two digist for month, like 2302 for February, 2023.

If you need more help figuring it out use the looking glass feature at the top right of this page to search for previous discussions about CONG. TennisDaze did a great post several years ago.

Anyone reading this, I found out how to search the Comptroller’s site for production. Very useful information. Let me know if you need help using that site.

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.