Williams County, North Dakota - How to Find Property Acreage?

I have been contacted by a company to lease my mineral rights in Williams County North Dakota and I live in Virginia. They are asking me how many acreas I own and I am not sure. How can I find out how many acreas I own?

They shouldn’t need to ask. Usually they do their homework before contacting people. Do you own the surface too? If so, look at your deed or look at your property tax statement. Or call the assessors office. In my county, I can see both my deed and the assessors info online.

Thank you for your response. I will try to contact the assessors office. I believe I own just the mineral rights. Also do you or anyone else know how much I should get for Williams County Section 11, Township 158, Range 95. I know the first offer is low. The terms and shares are good, but not the price per acre.

Lisa said:

They shouldn’t need to ask. Usually they do their homework before contacting people. Do you own the surface too? If so, look at your deed or look at your property tax statement. Or call the assessors office. In my county, I can see both my deed and the assessors info online.

Sorry, it’s not my area at all. But, if you go to the upper corner, and enter “Williams County North Dakota”, you will find other discussions about that area that talk about lease terms. If the assessor’s office doesn’t know, then check with the clerk and recorder, as there may be a mineral deed recorded.

Linda Head said:

Thank you for your response. I will try to contact the assessors office. I believe I own just the mineral rights. Also do you or anyone else know how much I should get for Williams County Section 11, Township 158, Range 95. I know the first offer is low. The terms and shares are good, but not the price per acre.

Lisa said: