Williams County, ND - Oil & Gas Discussion archives

You still get royalties as long as the well produces. The value is just lower.

Kathleen:

As Mr. Johnson states, you will receive all royalties but might not be as much or often as would have occurred several months ago. The price of oil fluctuates over time, as always, sometimes in the mineral owners favor and sometimes not. Been at this game years and seen the good times and bad ones. Good luck and don’t get worried.

I suppose we won’t get any royalties until the price of oil goes up, I wonder up much it needs to rise to.

Thanks. I wasn’t sure if the oil companies would sell the oil until the price went up and we wouldn’t get royalties until it was sold.

JRD:

Not for sure but think that ONEOK Partners LP had plans to build a new gas processing facility in or around the area you described.

Which company is building the gas processing facility on 131st Ave south of County Rd 6 ? This would be between Williston and Epping.

It looks too small to be one of Oneok’s projects but you never know.

Please add to my question that the primary probate of the decedent’s will passing North Dakota mineral acres to his heirs was completed in 1964 in another State where he resided. Thanks, John Rowland

I would appreciate any information and comment on the following questions. Does anyone know if North Dakota law allows the sole heirs to mineral acres in North Dakota to probate a decedent’s will under North Dakota’s less complicated and less expensive ancillary probate process, if the primary probate process for the decedent’s will was legally completed and closed in 1964? Or instead, do we have to open a new probate in North Dakota? Is there a state or public resource where I can obtain a copy of the law pertaining to ancillary probate in North Dakota? Every source I have searched so far has been very vague. Is Montana’s law similar? Thanks, John Rowland

John -

My brother and I completed a probate nightmare last year (which included mineral rights in Williams and Burke County’s. This was after receiving erroneous legal advice from a Seattle-based attorney who was clearly unfamiliar with mineral rights and North Dakota probate law.

We retained the services of McKennett Forsberb Voll and Gjovig out of Williston. Their fees and level of service were reasonable for the area. They resolved all of our legal issues in a timely manner and my family can now rest easy - both those born as well as those yet to be born!

This is not an advertisement for that law firm, just a personal recommendation.

Alan-

Thanks for your comment, Was the decedent who left you all as heirs to his North Dakota mineral rights a resident of another state like Washington when he died? If so, did you all finally end up opening a new probate in North Dakota (local administration) like we have been advised to do because the primary probate of our decedent’s will and estate, who lived in another state, was legally closed many years ago?

Or were you all able to file an ancillary probate in North Dakota, which we have been told you can do only if the primary probate in the other state is still open? Thanks, again.

Hello! Existing on socializedinsecurity , I am hoping there is an agency that will go to bat for an age 83 Montana oldtimer who was taken advantage of by an ignorant ND lawyer, who deceived the ND judge into believing that a ‘Power of Attorney made’ and thus nonexistent and illegal 2003 ‘trust’ could usurp the minerals owned by the valid 1998 Trust that I was the named Successor in. Our 4th named successor sister living in Laos was hornswoggled by a landman for Cody oil and gas[who found her on the non existent in law Utah 2003 trust’] to put her never notarized name on the so called ‘2006 lease’ of our 384.01 acres she didn’t know anything about [believing that she acted with ‘2003 Utah trust authority’, and never consulted with her 3 older brothers, but had the $76,803 lease bonus sent to 4th named Successor brother Jim for distribution] that she had already used unlawfully in 2003 to convey our Mother’s Utah house to brother Jim that our Mom had already deeded to him in 1998, but he had not recorded that deed, while receiving rents in all those years,to avoid the demand for immediate payoff of the mortgage as the ‘new owner’. My sister used Mom’s SS money to finish off her own house while taking care of Mom until she died in 2005. So anyone can see what a fouled up MESS this is! My ND judge made Utah trustee’ sister died unexpectedly the same day and place that our brother died in Utah in July 2016, leaving only myself as oldest [and ROBBED], and our adopted brother Jim, who is sole named living ‘trustee’ in the 'POA made [invalid in Utah] 2003 Utah trust, and thus far has declined to start fixing the MESS caused by Minot lawyer Maxson. Please refer this rundown to anyone able to help me regain what was stolen. Larry - text to 406 748 6680, a google voice number that I haven’t figured out calling and receiving calls on yet. larrywagenman@yahoo.com

CLR testing Three Forks 3 bench with poor results. From the drilling rapport:

Overall the well had very poor gas and oil shows while drilling. The single trip that was made had only 268 units ofgas with no oil shows. There were no good indicators during drilling of a good pay zone. Sample cuts were also very poor with what little increase was seen correlated with increases in lube sweeps. The majority of the wellbore was maintained in the target zone which should make for an efficient fracking operation, although there appeared to be two separate hard streaks within the target zone which may affect the efficiency ofthe frackjob.

Anyone have any information on the LAWRENCE 8-24H3 and why it recently went to IA?

Are there any classes or other types of instruction for learning the basics? I recently became a remainderman for producing mineral rights.

National Association of Royalty Owners has a chapter in ND. They have annual meetings and often have a Mineral Owners 101 as part of the meeting. National meeting rotates around the country and has a full one day class on ownership. Their website also has some good books to read.

TCU Energy Institute as seven or eight classes on mineral ownership.

University of Denver has some classes.

Friend me with the blue icon and I can point you in the right direction.

Good afternoon. Can anyone tell me a repuditable landmen. Iam interested in selling my royalty share of my property in Williams county. Currently Kraken Oil are producing from the well.

Can anyone recommend a reputable landman. Iam interested in selling my royalty interest in the well being operated by Kraken Oil in the Oliver Field. If anyone can point me in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Robert Jones

Are there any classes or other types of instruction for learning the basics? I recently became a remainderman for producing mineral rights.

National Association of Royalty Owners has a chapter in ND. They have annual meetings and often have a Mineral Owners 101 as part of the meeting. National meeting rotates around the country and has a full one day class on ownership. Their website also has some good books to read.

TCU Energy Institute as seven or eight classes on mineral ownership.

University of Denver has some classes.

Friend me with the blue icon and I can point you in the right direction.