Williams County, ND - Oil & Gas Discussion archives

The J Haugen 1-9-4H, file #22545, began producing in mid July of 2012. Total production (as of April 2013) is 48,018 BBLs, with 3516 BBLs produced in April. According to NDIC it is still free flowing (no pump/artificial lift).

The Larson 159-102, file #19969, has been producing since May 2011, but has only produced a total of 68,305 BBLs as of March 2013, not a large producer; it is also flaring all of the gas and produced 2170 BBLs in March.

On another note, I just signed a lease in 158-100, for $1500/acre and 20%, with Continental. Crescent Point is another company who has been doing a lot of drilling in the area, but I heard from a reliable source they are also pulling out area and ND to concentrate efforts in Utah.

Continental and Hess are still leasing and drilling in the area. Zenergy is also a player in the area, but like Petro-Hunt (who sold the area to G3) is concentrating their efforts in McKenzie and Mountrail counties.

I think this is the info Rob was looking for. The well in 23-154-102 seems to be operated by Zenergy Oil, name of the well is OWAN 23-26H, and was active as of 1/20/2013. Bob do you concur.

Rob, your well looks like a good one, IP of 1263 bbl oil. and a cumulative oil production of 25,732 bbl through March, the last month I can see production for.

Yes, she signed the division order a couple of weeks ago. She expects first check at the end of the month and they said it would be a lump sum to get caught up. I was curious abouthow many wells to expect on this 1280 acres and if the check she was getting was for the one well on her two sections. I didnt know if they pooled based on the two sections she is in or if they pooled for the entire “painted woods” field. Sounds like she is getting paid based on that one well and she will get a portion of all wells drilled on that 1280 acres

Rob:

If she is getting royalty checks, this would be from the sale of oil from a well. The rig on location would not play into the royalty picture until the well is drilled / completed and oil is sold.

I concur Bob.

Rob, I think you could use $80 and not be far wrong either way. That amount is far enough under what I have been getting per bbl price that it should cover taxes and post production costs if any.

I don’t have the april figures for your well yet. It could be a week before the are out.

Remember that royalty is based on sales and not production, there is always something left in the tank so while 25,732 bbl have been produced there might be some oil that has not been sold yet. Of course you have two more months production that we don’t know the figures for yet, happy thought.

RW, wouldn’t Rob expect a division order to come his way before he would expect any checks to come. Doesn’t this order confirm that the operator agrees to your interest share, ie, legal deed, etc, and then the checks would be eventually cut?

Bob, a division order means that the operator’s legal team has decided that you own something, they are not always correct, the amount isn’t always correct and many division orders have you agreeing to pay back any money you received by mistake. Also by stipulating your interest, you are letting the operator off the hook should they underpay you. By law the operator has to pay you whether you return a division order or not, providing you have marketable title, so I do not return division orders in ND.

The pool would be 2 section with all acres share and share alike in the 1280. Rob, you are correct that she will be paid on any other wells with the laterals in that spacing. I would allow for some slippage on the first check, they don’t always come when they say they will.

does anyone know about the two wells on sect 4 N157, 98W sect 4. well # 24819 & 24820 respectively. they are being drilled by Continental Resources and have been on the confidential list for months now. are they being drilled or are they on hold for some reason. any info you can give will be greatly appreciated

regards Robert Jones

Mr. Jones, I took a look and none of the wells have been spud yet. I would say they are just not at the top of the list for infil wells. The well coming from section 9 holds the 9-4 spacing so Continental need not get in any hurry. The CASS 1-9H while I think it will be profitable is not a great well.

Wish I had something better to say. It’s just going to take time and believe me, I know how the waiting game goes, seems like everyone I know is in the middle of it right now, including me.

QUICK OWNERSHIP QUESTION: MOM HAS MINERAL RIGHTS DEED WITH PRODUCING WELLS. SHE WANTS TO SPLIT THE OWNERSHIP BETWEEN THE TWO ADULT CHILDREN. IS THIS A SIMPLE MINERAL DEED FILL-OUT FOR EACH CHILD TO BE RECOGNIZED AS THE NEW OWNERS OF 50% OF THE ACREAGE DESCRIBED IN THE ORIGINAL DEED? ANY THOUGHTS ON A REPUTABLE ATTORNEY IN WILLIAMS COUNTY TO MAKE SURE WE DON’T SCREW IT UP FOR HER? WE ARE ASSUMING THAT WHEN THIS IS DONE THEN WE INFORM OIL COMPANIES OF NEW OWNERSHIP. THANKS IN ADVANCE. KRIS

I am currently using Mike Maus in Dickinson, ND, he has been very good to work with on a complicated probate in both Williams and McKenzie Counties. He has developed a quit claim for future avoidance of probate procedures but you should discuss with him or your lawyer your situation.

Charles - thanks a mil! Gave Laura a call and found out she doesn’t actually do this but passes things like this off to Ted Seibel in ND. I have a call into him. If ANYONE else has experience in the ownership transfer process within families in Williams County I’d be appreciative of any input.

Thanks again Charles! Kris

Kris:

In regards to an attorney contact, I have used Laura Christoffersen in the past. She is located in Culbertson, MT but handled my Williams County ND mineral transactions with efficiency. In your case, a “Quit Claim Deed” which is properly prepared may suffice in this transaction. I would still get advice from an attorney just to be safe.

Thanks, Bob! Got in touch with Mike and he is going to handle it. Turns out that it IS going to be as simple as I thought and MIke will make sure we don’t step in any high quality ND cows*** on the way to the Recorder’s office. Appreciate your help! Kris

Patty:

You can access the NDIC website; pull up the GIS map and then find your Township/Range/Section. This map will indicate any drilling permits pending in your immediate area.

How can I find out if additional wells will be drilled near or on a current well pad?

Thanks

Hi - Does anyone know if there is any drilling activity in Williams T153N R103W S21 ? I need to find out what our acreage is valued at because we are receiving some offers for leasing and I want to ensure the pricing is fair. Any information would be greatly appreciated! Thank you

Jamie:

Looking at the GIS map, EOG Resources, Inc. has a well permitted for your mineral area (Hardscrabble 23-21H). Other wells already drilled in spacing units near yours. You failed to state what the terms of a new lease that you have been offered but be aware of what is currently occurring in your area. Don’t let someone come into the picture and low ball you for less than what your mineral acreage is worth. How many acres do you own in this spacing unit? This will play a major role in negotiating power.