Wilkinson county MS Oil Leasing Activity

Approached by group about activity in Wilkinson county MS offered 3/16 3 year option and $150 an acre on 308 acres. No land only mineral supposed to be representing major out of Dallas. Have no idea of what is happening in area, sections 25 and 26

Same here. I have been researching it all weekend, but have not turned up anything. The guy told us that they are getting ready for a big gas play in Wilkinson County. $150 and 3/16 sounds low to me. I am in Dallas and the lease bonuses folks are getting west of us are way higher than $150 an acre. I realize MS may be a different situation, but it is still low.

Hopefully I will have a little more infomation Monday as to what formation is being targeted, and what major is looking> thanks for the reply

Thaanks have not found anything yet myself

Howard Rubin said:

Same here. I have been researching it all weekend, but have not turned up anything. The guy told us that they are getting ready for a big gas play in Wilkinson County. $150 and 3/16 sounds low to me. I am in Dallas and the lease bonuses folks are getting west of us are way higher than $150 an acre. I realize MS may be a different situation, but it is still low.

i left you a private message a couple of weeks ago. Please look at it. I’ve had some further discussions that I would rather not post.

rodney E. fortenberry III said:

Thaanks have not found anything yet myself

Howard Rubin said:

1/5 and 200 an acre

If you are in Southern Wilkinson County your land is worth more than $150 an acre. The biggest issue is not the upfront money as it is how the lease is structured. There are many many loopholes in leases that take advantage of landowners. If you can get your neighbors together and represent a big block of land you can end up with much better terms. I would email eaglefordlease@gmail.com if I was you and discuss with him what he and his landowners were able to do. They were in the same situation and and ended up organizing many landowener sin the area and received about twice what they were originally offered. he really helped us with our landowners group.

We have some mineral rights SE of Woodville and have just been approached to lease by an outfit out of Lafayette, LA. I was wondering if anyone can provide an overview of the general drilling situation in Wilkinson County and what catalysts are driving the local market.

Thanks

Richard said:

If you are in Southern Wilkinson County your land is worth more than $150 an acre. The biggest issue is not the upfront money as it is how the lease is structured. There are many many loopholes in leases that take advantage of landowners. If you can get your neighbors together and represent a big block of land you can end up with much better terms. I would email eaglefordlease@gmail.com if I was you and discuss with him what he and his landowners were able to do. They were in the same situation and and ended up organizing many landowener sin the area and received about twice what they were originally offered. he really helped us with our landowners group.

We were offered $200 acre and 1/5 royalty on 400+ acres. Have already started prep for drilling off of Bowling Green Rd; Off of Hwy 24 east of Woodville. Have heard some have been offered $300 acre. We are in no rush at this time to lease. If they hit pay with this first well, offers will increase.

If you don’t mind me asking, what is the township, range and section number(s) of your interests. We are also woking on leasing 400 acres in Wilkinson Co. to a company. I think there is a way for you to send me a private meaage on this board, if you wish.

R. McGraw said:

We were offered $200 acre and 1/5 royalty on 400+ acres. Have already started prep for drilling off of Bowling Green Rd; Off of Hwy 24 east of Woodville. Have heard some have been offered $300 acre. We are in no rush at this time to lease. If they hit pay with this first well, offers will increase.

Have to check paperwork at home. located NW of Centreville on Little Buffalo R.

Howard Rubin said:

If you don't mind me asking, what is the township, range and section number(s) of your interests. We are also woking on leasing 400 acres in Wilkinson Co. to a company. I think there is a way for you to send me a private meaage on this board, if you wish.

R. McGraw said:

ENDED UP AT 250 AN ACRE WITH 1/5 ROYALTY INSTED OF 3/16 ALSO AFTER 3 YEARS A 2 YEAR CONTRACT AT THE SAME PRICE IF NOTHING HAS DEVELOPED LOCATED JUST NORTH OF CENTERVILLE R. McGraw said:

Have to check paperwork at home. located NW of Centreville on Little Buffalo R.

Howard Rubin said:
If you don't mind me asking, what is the township, range and section number(s) of your interests. We are also woking on leasing 400 acres in Wilkinson Co. to a company. I think there is a way for you to send me a private meaage on this board, if you wish.

R. McGraw said: