Wileyville Unit 1 and 2 Wetzel County W.V

We pay taxes on Mineral Rights in Wetzel County West Virginia which we recently inherited but the tax bill/receipts only list a Utilization agreement (pooling agreement) called Wileyville Unit 1 and Unit 2.

How do we learn what we own?

We managed to get the 1996 Utilization Agreement from the Wills Book and Page number reference but we are stuck not having a clue of where to turn for information on the Rights we actually own within that pooling agreement.

Thanks

http://www.wetzelcountywv.us/Wetzel documents

Were you able to get this link to work?

You need to search under names that you think are connected with this, your parent or grandparent for example.

Get started, and if you have a question, you can ask. Or you can send me a friend request and I can respond that way.Glad to help if I can.

Hi Nancy,

Yes we have searched the site and even ordered the Wileyville Unit 1 document and downloaded the Unit 2 document.

The problem is we still dont know what our we have in these two Utilization agreements.

The Tax reciepts show we are paying taxes for both but does not list the tracts we have a interest in. The Agreements themselves list the original tracts from before 1900 but there is no way we can see to discern what mineral rights acreage we own.

We were able to find a lease which tract is listed in Wileyville Unit 1 but we suspect there are other tracts also. In the Wileyville Unit 2 we havent a clue.

We are not sure how to proceed from here.

Did you download the software for the older records? From the right click button near the center of the page.

Nancy,

The link didn't work but I did go through

http://www.wetzelcountycommission.com/records-acknowledgement

And used your tip to access the older records, thanks.

Our mother has a cousin (husband is a lawyer) who tried to find out what she owns and failed, she just accepts the royalties and doesn't try to understand it. But we have been working on it for 2 years and will continue. There must be a way to link the taxes we pay in a Utilization Agreement (Wileyville unit 1 and 2) to our Mineral Rights Holdings.

Thanks again

I just sent a friend request to you. Maybe I can help oou of “public view” and we can add things here to help people sort through this. It is somewhat challenging, especially online, but usually possible to find out things, especially counties like Wetzel with the older records online. The Wileyville unit might be a special case of complexity. Or maybe not.

Since you have the unit document, and can use the software for the older documents, your best bet is to look through the list of old leases and see if any names are familiar. Look in the old records. Somewhat tricky to use.

Sounds like you are wanting to find where a parcel that you know about is located, and to see if you might have interest in the other unit without an indication of which lease(s) might be involved.

So far am I understanding your questions?