Wilbarger County Texas Wind Farm--Odell, Texas

Wilbarger County Texas Wind Farm--Odell, Texas

These are a couple of miles from my homeplace. Pretty neat to see them putting money into the economy.

My brother said someone told him that 800 of these wildmills will be installed between Vernon and Gainsville, Texas.

Clint Liles

ldt said:

These are a couple of miles from my homeplace. Pretty neat to see them putting money into the economy.

I don't have a number, but I know there are a LOT of wind farms in operation around Graham/Olney area (4 that I know of) and around Abilene.

The drawback to them is that they are one of the most expensive ways of producing electricity and I don't know if they are viable without government subsidy.

They are just across the road from my mom’s farm. Some of her cousins have a handful of them. I’d rather have an oil well, even though they are really interesting to look at, and it is terrific the boost they have given to the local economy.

Not really an either/or deal, the new Tradition Resources/Goodpasture drill site is pretty much between a couple of the generators.

FPL(Florida Power and Light) subsidiary Nextera plans to start Phase II/III of the Blue Summit Wind Farm project as soon as several key factors converge: 1.More substations/powerlines in place 2.Find and purchase more GE 1.7

mW tubines 3.Get "the map" site for installation on existing leases dating back to 2006,located west of the existing turbines. The crews can be assembled quickly because the project Superintendent lives in Childress.

The Production Tax Credit Act passed in 2013(extended for 10 years) allows a tax credit of 2.2 cents/kW hour for the next 10 years. Most leased land in Wilbarger county is forty years once production starts.

Dr. Moore,

Thanks for the update.

Clint Liles