Why purchase offers increased?

Hi everyone, My parent’s leased years ago to Endeavor Energy-E/2 S34, Blk. 35-4N T &P RR survey. The Theodore Davis #1 well has glugged along forever. This year all at once i am getting big offers to purchase [ no plans to sell] the mineral interests. To me this means someone knows something. Any of you have any ideas? Curious!

There is nothing obvious going on there IMO. Its still fringey Wolfcamp acreage. Well in adjacent unit (Chocolate Lab) isn’t bad. Its harder and harder to find Midland Basin minerals that somebody might drill so I’d guess people are getting more and more speculative on the fringes.

1 Like

I’m actually the opposite, I have some acreage not too far away that I am tired of waiting for it to be developed, I haven’t gotten any offers that motivated me to sell yet, but am looking. Do you mind sharing who offered you, I might reach out?

Hi,

Sorry I am slow to reply. For Dawson Co.- Theodore Davis well /area

8/13/23: Dune Energy $1750/a was highest . Also,

Community Minerals,

RobRoy LLC Fairmount

Good Luck!

Blake

FL

Hello blakemoores,

Do the Offers state how many acres you own? I would be curious to know prices in this area as I own mineral rights several other lands in Dawson County. Also, are all the offers you described recent from this year?

Hi,

The area offers are for the Theodore Davis well area of Dawson Co. TX. -7/23 was $1750/a . ~ 23.5 a. was the best

• 2/23 ~ $1700 /a. RobRoy Resources

• 2/20 ; Fairmount Land & Mineral -Community minerals just a general solicitation

• 8/23 Kane Resources a general "

Did they mention if those prices were per net mineral acre generally or did they get specific about lease rates? In the past with our acres, buyers have said theyd pay more for higher royalty rate minerals. My son has always said to go for the biggest royalty when leasing to landmen so that when they drill (or if we ever sell) theyll be worth more

Hi , I am in the middle of traveling so I do not have my records with me. My prior responses contained my summary of the letter offers. Very basic. It appeared they want to by my mineral interest that contain the Theodore Davis well. Price was per acre. They did not mention net mineral acre ( but I bet that’s what they really mean). The well is still active by Endeavor. Just seems odd that all of a sudden there is interest . Makes me think someone knows something . It is in the Permian area.

• redo the well?
  • deeper or horizontal well ?
  • add wells to nearby lease included acres ? Just curious.

I agree with the highest royalty plus no deductions etc .

Blake

You’ve got horizontal wells spanning your acreage if you are in Sec. 34, Block 34, T-3-N.

Hi again,

I looked up the deed: [ I do not have my parent’s lease]

• E/2 S34, Block35, T *4 N The Endeavor Energy division order from 2014 states:
  • 550’FNL & 500’'FEL S34 Blk 35, T4N T & P RR. Today i received a D. O. from Pinon Operating ( they must be replacing Endeavor Energy) which states:
  • NE/4 S 34, Blk. 35 T 4N. Is that is the same description ? The R.I. listed was the same.

Now I’m curious why I’ve been getting offers to buy the M. I.'s at a time when Endeavor which has been the operator for years is giving up their position?

This link will open the RRC’s Map Viewer on Pinon’s hz well drilled in Sec 33, approx. one mile west of your acreage. Said hz well produced almost 313,000 bo September 2020 through July 2023. It looks like Pinon took over the wells in Sec 34 from Endeavor. Maybe Pinon will be drilling a hz well which includes your minerals? It looks like your wells have produced approx. 1700 bo Sept 2020-July 2023. See why someone might be interested in buying your minerals?

I see that , thanks so much for taking the time to put that together! It really gives me a new way to think of these things. Here’s hoping…

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.