Why is new leasing taking place

I have noticed a lot of recent leasing in Sec 30 8N 4W in McClain County Oklahoma on their County Website. I know that there were permits (paperwork done in court) in place for possible drilling. I know those papers have a time frame for drilling to be accomplished, but unsure as to dates for drilling to be accomplished. Is there anyway to determine if this leasing is just cleaning up unleased properties or if the new leasing is due to expired leases being rewritten from the past? I believe my current lease is over in September or October of this year unless drilling takes place. Also, does anyone know if a Well or Wells are scheduled to be drilled in the near future? Any info would be appreciated. Thanks

On leasing, it could be any of those reasons to lease. They could have exercised options to extend a lease, leased again or pooled. Warwick-Minerva did a pooling in January 2022 for Sections 30 & 31. I see permits for three Trident wells with a surface location in 31. Was originally with EOG, but has been extended. Warwick may have taken over. https://imaging.occ.ok.gov/imaging/OGWellRecords.aspx. Since the pooling was very recent, watch the permits for sections 30 or 31 and see if they spud the Trident wells or file new permits.

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.