Why do MI/RI offers include only the lease name?

I own NPRI in Texas and get offer letters. Many times they refer to the lease name, and don't even have a land description except the county name.

This doesn't make sense to me, because generally MI/RI are not limited to the current lease.

In particular, in some cases the lease referred to cover a smaller portion of the land than the RI covers.

Are they really only interested in that portion of land and that lease?

In my case the future potential of the land covered by my RI is of much greater value than my proportion of the current well's production.

It also makes it unclear what they think they are making an offer on. MI? RI? land description?

Thanks for any insight.

I also want to add that when I’ve asked for exact clarification on what they are proposing to buy at that price, asking them to state the interest type, ownership decimal, and land description, their response doesn’t correspond with what I own.

Where do they get their MI/RI owner data? I assume it is not worth the effort for them to do a proper title search at this stage.

Most likely, they are using royalty decimal in the well per tax records as basis for offer. Usually they have not researched title and will do so after you commit to sell. Not going to pay on theoretical future production. They are looking for a profit.

I know that traditionally, current production is what has driven buy offers.

You believe that still to be the case, regardless of location (Permian), and age and type (horiz vs vert) of existing well, and whether or not newer technology (fracking) is or is not being used?

Which leads to another question: do potential buyers know age and type of well, any other details of operation (e.g. Fracking), and geological profile of the land?

Many mineral buyers simply pull data off tax rolls for their form letters. This allows them to send thousands of letters for maybe a 1-2% response rate. Once they get response from a seller (including an agreed upon price), they will then devote the resources to actually run the title. Not all buyers do it this way, but that is the easiest way for them to cast a wide net. Buy offers do typically now deal with "upside" rather than simply current production. Another major impact is if there is activity in the immediate area including new permits on the subject acreage as well as which operator your minerals are under.