Why am I getting offers to sell my mineral rights?

I have mineral rights in these locations 4-11N-7W Canadian County and 14-15N-9W Kingfisher County. I’m getting offers to sell. Does anyone know what is happening with them currently? Thank you!

@Val59, there are new permits for wells in 4-11N-07W, Canadian County. The Baker 1107 wells by Canvas Energy. There were several new wells completed in Section 13-15N-9W a couple of years ago, so inquiries here might be just because it is an active area.

1 Like

Thank you, the information was helpful.

Thank you for the information. Do you have any idea how close these properties are to each other?

Canadian County Map.pdf (440.6 KB)

Each township is six miles square, so these two areas are about 23 miles apart. See the map.

Offers to buy often come out right before there is additional drilling. You section 14-15N-9W is surrounded by sections with 4-6 extra horizontal wells. You might wait and see what activity shows up in the next few months. Buyers generally make the offers in hopes that mineral owners will sell at a lower price and give up those additional royalties.

@Val59, here is another map and link. A different way to show the same info.

https://clo.maps.arcgis.com/apps/webappviewer/index.html?id=abe2290e8407433ead313bef01c82730

My guess was pretty close for doing the math in my head!

1 Like

And, of course, as the human goes is not as the crow flies. :wink:

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.