Why am I getting offers to buy my mineral rights?

Hi, I’m just wondering if there is anything new going on (new wells?) in Canadian county? My husband is receiving a high volume of offers but currently not receiving any checks for the last several months. Below is the specific location:

Well 732836. API Well 35-017-24836. Vogt 1H-9x Canadian county section 016 Township 014N range 006w.

We’re also planning to go to OK in the next few weeks. We’re hoping for referrals to an attorney with expertise in this area or a land use expert to guide us. Any resource or referral is appreciated.

Canadian county is rather large and active, so your first question is too vague.

There are quite a few permits for infill wells in 14N 6W so it is common to get massive mailings in the sections nearby by buyers that want the future potential royalties.

The Vogt well has lost production. It could be a mechanical reason or it could be that wells nearby are being fracked and they shut in the well to protect it. Contact the operator which is Ovintiv Mid-Continent to see what is going on and you can ask about future plans. They may not tell you.

If you are in 16, the Frank 1406 infill wells in sec 15 were fracked in Q3 2022. Given that Ovintiv is the operator of those wells, they may have a larger plan to do infill wells in the area.

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.