Who to call with the State (Texas)

I have inherited some mineral rights and I found some monies I have coming to me at the Texas “Unclaimed Money” website. I already received a old production payment check for $2800 – My question is some of the Oil outfits I contacted about getting paid on old royalty payments said they sent my money to the state (Texas). Can anyone tell me who to contact at the state? That money was not listed at the unclaimed money site. (www-claimittexas-org) it is run by the Texas comptrollers office.

Thank to all in advance!

You should be able to find all unclaimed property through this website below.

https://claimittexas.org

Sorry, I just now saw that you have already visited the site. If it is not listed through Texas Unclaimed Property, you would need to contact the operator for each producing well that you own mineral interest under. They are legally supposed to hold the funds in escrow/suspense account, if an heir can not be determined it is sometimes forfeited to the state after a lengthy period of time (several years).

In my case, the well was in Texas. Devon Energy, the lease holders headquarters is in Oklahoma . Our funds were escheated to the state of Oklahoma.

Try this site…it searches all states. MissingMoney.com

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.