Who Did My Sister Sell To? Very Active Leases.

This post is probably a bit unusual but here goes…

My siblings and I have a royalty deed in Karnes County with 5 active leases and some additional joint ventures. A total of 20 active wells. I have always managed everything as my siblings don’t understand much of the business of oil/gas leases. (I barely do myself.)

My sister abruptly sold her share and refuses to tell the family for how much or who she sold to nor will she show any of us the the terms and wording of the documents of this sale.

My biggest concern is that she sold “all of Karnes County” and not just her share. She doesn’t know how to read the precise wording of these legal agreements. She was also the executor of our mother’s estate from which we inherited the original royalty deed.

All leases combined we are involved in some 2,000 acres in Karnes County.

My question: Is there any means in which I can find out who she sold her share to and possibly get the transfer sale documents to be able to read them myself just to ensure she didn’t sell everything?

I have checked the Karnes County Real Property database online to no avail. I can provide additional detailed information such as name, leases, property legal description, etc.

Thank you, Tom

Try checking on www.texasfile.com and see if her name is listed.

M-Barnes, Thank you for the information. I will search that website.

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.