Whiting Petroleum & Production to Division Order Lead Time

I may be a bit premature with this, but I recently learned of approval from the Montana BOGC for up to 4 horizontal wells to be drilled on our interests in 24N-58E & 25N-59E. Just wondering how long after completion does it take Whiting to issue DO’s? Royalty checks? Comments from anyone with experience with Whiting would be greatly appreciated!

I don't want to burst your bubble here..but...Just because its been approved doesn't mean its guaranteed to be drilled if ever. Look for a well that has been spudded--that means drilling has started. After completion and time for division orders?? It could be six months in my experience. MT BOGC has old news in it. I find that they are at least several months behind on things. You will learn patience thru this! Don't spend anything till you see a check. And then the volume produced often wanes quite quickly.

http://msuextension.org/publications/OutdoorsEnvironmentandWildlife/MT201208HR.pdf

Mark,

The brief tutorial on oil and gas drilling in Montana found at the link above has some relevant information for you.

Dick Doyle

Thanks much for the replies. I've been following Whiting's activities in Richland Co for quite a while now, and the last 8 or so wells drilled (in the adjacent sections to ours), were drilled within 60 days of approval, and yes I am looking for the locations to show up as new on the BOGC, which lags a couple of months. Just looking for some rough ideas from folks who have dealt with Whiting.