White et al vs. Anschutz Exploration Corporation

http://dockets.justia.com/docket/texas/txndce/7:2012cv00168/223780/

Clint,

What is the story here? Have to subscribe to Justia.com to review the case documents. Looks like landowners suing a gas company for something.

Wilson

Wilson,

Don't know yet what has happened. Anschutz is the big player in Wilbarger and Hardeman County Texas. Oil and gas exploration company. Not just a gas company. Not a Chesapeake by any means.

Google Anschutz. A 'very large' company out of Denver.

I subscribed about a hour ago to Justia.

Clint Liles

wow after looking over the court docs this is a case of a forged lease. Allegedly the signatures on the lease are forgeries. This family (the Whites) in Texas are suing. In addition, however, Anschutz convinced the White's to sign a contract ratification! It would be interesting to understand how the White's were persuaded to sign a ratification when to their understanding there wasn't a lease.

Do you know more about this case?

What would be the lessons learned in this case?

Thanks for sharing this.

Wilson

Also alleges the notarizations were forged or false.

Wilson/Wade,

could it be possible the landman might be the culprit?

Clint Liles

Sure. I suspect the White's tried working with the Landman, the Land Services Company and Anschutz directly before filing suit. However, I am surprised that all 3 are lot listed as defendents. It will be interesting to see what materializes here. How could they ever expect to get away with forged documents (alleged). Now the White's will have to pay a huge legal expense to get this figured out.

In MI you can recover the legal costs in the lawsuit so even if you win you lose the contingency percentage to the lawyers.

Wilson

Wilson,

it's hard for me to believe a company like Anschutz had anything to do with something like this. I have never read anything negative about this Company. I feel it is someone else on down the line that's the culprit. Anschutz is in the business to make money, but not this way. JUST MY OPINION.............

Clint Liles

Clint Liles said:

Wilson/Wade,

could it be possible the landman might be the culprit?

Clint Liles

Possibly, but all speculation. I would not draw any conclusions about anyone until it plays out.

If I remember right, Anschutz bought out EOG's position in Hardeman and Wilbarger Counties.

2 or 3 years ago lots of "Flippers" out there (landmen offering leases with 90 day drafts so they could line up a buyer at a higher price).

Probably happened before Anschutz came on board, but now stuck with the mess.

Reading Clint's post of the main page made me think about this. Anyone ever hear what it was all about and if it was ever settled?

There was a voluntarily dismissal. The issue was the constitutionality of a state statue and it went no where.