Where to send Heirship to be record in Ellis County OK

Where would my family send affidavit of heir ship be recorded in Ellis County, Oklahoma where my mom’s interest is located. My mom passed and she has interests/royalties in Ellis County and the lease is with encino energy.

All lands records are filed with the County Clerk (not the Court Clerk) for each county. You want to make sure the legal description is on the document so the County Clerk can file it against the index for that section.

Ellis County Clerk P. O. Box 197 Arnett, OK 73832

1 Like

The cost to file is $18 for the first page and $2 for each additional page.

Also, don’t be surprised if the filing doesn’t resolve your issues. Most companies producing in Oklahoma require a probate. This can be done remotely by the client.

Also keep in mind that an affidavit of heirship can vest “marketable title” in the heirs if:

1. It completed correctly (according to the title examiner)
  2. It has been on file for 10 years.
  3. No other document has been filed which contradicts the filing. Also consider, while an AOH permits filing a copy of a Will, most title examiners would note that a Will isn’t effective until accepted by an Oklahoma probate court.

All that being said, if the AOH gets money out of suspense you may be able to avoid probate.

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.