Where to find most recent Oil Produciton Data

For Texas. How can you find the most recent data for a new wells such as the initial test, and production. Or is the RRC Viewer the only and most up to date source?

Hi Kyle -

The companies are allowed to have up to 90 days following the close of a business month to report their production figures to the Railroad Commission, so the most recent figures you will be able to find will be from March or April.

The RRC will have them, but their system can be a little convoluted to navigate. If you will post what information you have about the Wells: County, Operator, Well Name & Number, API # if you have that, legal description of your lands, etc., I will look up what I can on DrillingInfo and get that over to you.

Charles Emery Tooke III

Thanks Charles,

Info is below.

API 38935575
GIS WELL NUMBER 7706H

OPERATOR/WELLBORE
WELLBORE STATUS LOCATION
LAST PERMIT ISSUED 821191
LAST PERMIT OPERATOR NUMBER 166150
LAST PERMIT OPERATOR COG OPERATING LLC
LAST PERMIT LEASE NAME CHIEF PINKIE
TOTAL DEPTH
SURFACE LOCATION Land
ABSTRACT 954
SURVEY H&TC RR CO
BLOCK 1
SECTION 177
DISTANCE 1 227
DIRECTION 1 330

Currently your well was recently permitted and is not currently producing. I believe that you must spud the well within 2 years or the permit expires. However, I also don't know the language of your lease which could play a factor as well.

Status Date Status
#
API No. Operator Name/Number Lease Name Well
#
Dist. County Wellbore Profile Filing Purpose Amend Total Depth Current Queue
Submitted 12/13/2016 Approved 12/28/2016 821191 389-35575 COG OPERATING LLC (166150) CHIEF PINKIE 7706H 08 REEVES Horizontal New Drill - 10700 Approved
Submitted 01/23/2017 Approved 03/02/2017 821191 389-35575 COG OPERATING LLC (166150) CHIEF PINKIE UNIT 7706H 08 REEVES Horizontal New Drill Yes 10700 Approved
264-Plat.pdf (7.53 KB)

Plat/Map attached above.

If you open permit for Chief Pinkie Unit on RRC, at the top of the page the box for operations is open and lists spud date of February 27, 2017. You can contact land department at COG and ask when the frac is scheduled.

My apologies Kyle, I missed that info on the spud date. Looks like you are in for some dinero here soon.

Perfect. I'm currently just tracking all this for my Grandfather. He cant remember what he ate for breakfast and keeps thinking he needs to fly to Texas (We're in Ohio) to find his money. For all I know he's received checks already and its just sitting around collecting dust lost in his home.

Thanks for the Info

Hey, Kyle -

Your Grandfather is lucky to have you watching out for him. I hope he is with you for years to come.

No production reported yet. Status as of today is "Drilling In Progress". The Chief Pinkie No. 7706H was Spudded in (the bit hit the ground) 2/27/2017 and they should have reached their production interval shortly after that. Given that it is now the middle of July, I would venture that they are Waiting On a Completion Rig.

If you will look at the map on the third page of the No. 7706H Well file, there has been a second Well Permitted, the Chief Pinkie No. 7705 on 7/5/2017. They may be shoving dirt around on that one, but the information available is so new it doesn't even have an API Number yet.

The Well density in the area looks pretty close. Depending upon what lands your Grandfather's interest is in, he may be looking forward to some nice checks.

One word of caution: If he is using Medicare or Medicaid or some similar program or policy to help with his bills, they may have an Income Threshold you need to check on.

First royalty checks are typically several months worth and are from the early "flush" production. If one of them or a series of them in a given year pass that Threshold your Grandfather may be kicked out of the system or have his coverage reduced.

Check with us in another few months and we'll keep you up to date.

Hope this helps -

Charles

262-CHIEFPINKIENO.7706HASOF20170712.pdf (1.74 MB) 263-CHIEFPINKIENO.7705ASOF20170712.pdf (253 KB)

Yeah, I was looking at the data in the area and I saw anywhere from 4k to 150k monthly output so I just kept telling him the numbers as if it were only 4k to not get hopes up.

I'm not sure what he's using for insurance, I'll have to give him a call.

Thanks for the help.

Random question about the production of a well. It looks like the amount has no consistency. Is there a reason some wells produce 5K barrels a month for several months then randomly start producing 20k+. Is there something being done to make this happen? or is just actually completely random? I've even seen them on here produce 120k then go to 50k a month. Seems odd.

Probably the Hyberloc Decline coming in consistent then increasing almost striaght up then declining quickly (meaning the highest checks come then) then levels out and just produces consistently.