Where is this property

inherited 80 acres some time back and have not been able to get a good view of where it is. my info is East section 23 block c-7. Can anyone help me with a website to clarify?

Do you have the Abstract number?

A-???? or AB-????

I suspect you're in Sec. 23, Block C-7 PSL. That legal is Abstract 5261. It's near Toyah Lake.

Mike, I’ve never done this, but I’m trying to send you a picture of where your property question is. The red square in the center of the picture is BLK C-7, Sec 23. Hope this works. 2063-IMAG0188.jpg (1.26 MB)

MIke -- in words, PSL C7, SEC 23, A-5072 is 7.15 miles SE of Pecos along US-285. Later -- Buzz

Linton -- you done good. Later -- Buzz

You are putting Your Big Map To Good Use!~!

Linton Tomlin said:

Mike, I've never done this, but I'm trying to send you a picture of where your property question is. The red square in the center of the picture is BLK C-7, Sec 23. Hope this works.

Shucks, y’all, thanks! If anybody else is interested in seeing theirs, I’m happy to oblige. Thanks really goes to Donnie Hamilton. I just got it printed and put on a wall.

Now all I need is WARD County and that wall will pretty much be complete, hehehe!

OK Linton–I’d love to see a picture of PSL Sec 15 Block 59 if possible--billtrayler@yahoo.com

thanks for the help, hope to visit more soon

Linton Tomlin said:

Mike, I've never done this, but I'm trying to send you a picture of where your property question is. The red square in the center of the picture is BLK C-7, Sec 23. Hope this works.

My pleasure, Aubrey/Bill. 2061-IMAG0192.jpg (1.91 MB) 2062-IMAG0193.jpg (1.01 MB)

I sent you two, Aubrey/Bill. If you want one closer up, let me know. This map is from 1945 so you have to take that into consideration!

Folks – try these free online interactive maps:

Texas General Land Office Map Viewer:

http://gisweb.glo.texas.gov/glomap/index.html

Texas Railroad Commission Map Viewer (select ‘Launch New Public GIS Viewer’ in center of screen)

http://www.rrc.state.tx.us/data/online/gis/index.php

Invaluable once you study their abilities. Later -- Buzz

Buzz, I was hoping I could give people a general idea of where in the county their property is, the online maps are great, but when you zoom out, it’s sometimes difficult to tell where you… were! Linton

If anyone wants to contact me directly for pictures, e-mail catpaw@stx.rr.com, or friend me.

Linton -- didn't mean to take away from your snapshot of the Texas Land Survey Map. The interactive maps add so much more... showing permitted well locations and API #s, inactive and active oil and gas well locations, oil and gas pipelines, pooling units, etc., etc. You can get a 17" x 22" Land Survey Map for Reeves County from Midland Map Company. Later -- Buzz

Not a problem, Buzz, I agree. Each serve different purposes! Adios, Linton

Ouch, Buzz, I just checked out the Reeves County map at Midland Map Company, pretty pricey at $578! Adios, Linton

Linton -- there must be some explanation other than inflation... the 17 x 22 map I described was obtained from Midland Map Company on 8-9-13 for $10.00. The invoice described it as "GLO Map - Reeves". Their phone number is: 432 682-1603

Later -- Buzz