Where is it headed?

Does anyone have any info on if this play is headed into Colorado? Ive seen that linn has some acreage on the Kansas/Colorado border. I also know that sandridge is actively aquiring more acrage in the west part of kansas.

I own some minerals in kiowa county and there are tons of landman in the courhouse. Trying to learn as much as i can.

Missisppian Limestone Play

Hi Mike,

I'd look at page 19 after clicking on the hyperlink above - I'm not sure where it's all headed, but hopefully to bigger reserves and happier days for all.

I wonder if you're in the Niobrara play, that's been in the news in Colorado, I know. Or are you in Kansas? You could call the Kiowa County Clerk or whomever at the courthouse and ask who the company is.

Regards,

Ralpr

The Courthouse is FULL in kiowa county, CO Its just brokers right now, Pascal, Western, Diamond, and others. I know at least one of them is working for chesapeake, and possibly all.

Ive looked at some info from previously drilled wells and i thought they were after the atoka/cherokee shale b/c another company in lincon couty(just north of me) is trying those. but today i heard that they are after the Miss.

It seems likely its the miss given the activity to the east, but i know its not the niobrara the logs dont correlate.

Ralpr said:

Hi Mike,

I'd look at page 19 after clicking on the hyperlink above - I'm not sure where it's all headed, but hopefully to bigger reserves and happier days for all.

I wonder if you're in the Niobrara play, that's been in the news in Colorado, I know. Or are you in Kansas? You could call the Kiowa County Clerk or whomever at the courthouse and ask who the company is.

Regards,

Ralpr

and thanks for that presentation!

Could this also apply to Bent County? My husband has just been offered a lease.

This link is good:

http://cogcc.state.co.us/mg2010app/

Ken

Mike rhymer said:

The Courthouse is FULL in kiowa county, CO Its just brokers right now, Pascal, Western, Diamond, and others. I know at least one of them is working for chesapeake, and possibly all.

Ive looked at some info from previously drilled wells and i thought they were after the atoka/cherokee shale b/c another company in lincon couty(just north of me) is trying those. but today i heard that they are after the Miss.

It seems likely its the miss given the activity to the east, but i know its not the niobrara the logs dont correlate.

Ralpr said:

Hi Mike,

Regards,

Ralpr

My husband has minerals in Bent County and he has been offered a lease.

Hi Mrs. Leebron,

I'd say sure, the Mississippian Carbonate Play just may apply to Bent County, CO - too early to tell, though. See diagram above - I'd also think the Piceance Basin Play is strongly indicated - Plays are often expanding, and just because land is not on the map above, the E&P Companies are expanding the play maps, so to speak.

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Ralpr

Linda Leebron said:

FYi - The Pierre Shale is another candidate for minerals in Bent County.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pierre_Shale

Best of Luck to you and your husband!

Ralpr

Ralpr said:

Hi Mrs. Leebron,

I'd say sure, the Mississippian Carbonate Play just may apply to Bent County, CO - too early to tell, though. See diagram above - I'd also think the Piceance Basin Play is strongly indicated - Plays are often expanding, and just because land is not on the map above, the E&P Companies are expanding the play maps, so to speak.

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Ralpr

Linda Leebron said: