Where do I find a legal description of a well and survey name

My grandmother passed away years ago but I had no idea she had mineral rights that were unclaimed. In order to claim these mineral rights I have to get a legal description, well, county and survey name. I have the property ID’s but that is all. I also need a copy of the devision order showing royalty interest in the property Does anyone know how to locate this info?

What exactly do you have that has the property ID? Is is a check stub, a run statement, a probate document? What state? Anything that has a company name on it? If the ID is an API number, that is useful.

Hello Martha, thank you so much for your reply. My grandmother owned mineral rights to these properties. I got these property ID’s from the Texas Comptroller of Public Accounts in Austin Texas. The property is in Montague County. I am trying to locate the company name but at this time I only have the property ID’s . I have no idea where to even start looking for the info they requested to claim the rights.

You may be able to search under her name in that county on the following website.
You may also be able to call the county clerk in Montague County and get them to help you search her name.

www.TexasFile.com

The Division orders are not public data. You can only get them from the operating company.