Where can I get info?

Hello all.

Quick question for someone who may have an idea of what is going on in Leon County. I was informed about 5 years ago that myself and my family have inherited some mineral rights over there. We were asked to lease it, and agreed but have heard nothing since. I am absolutely out of the loop and the further I look into it, the more confused I get. The only info I have is A569. Thank you for your help!

Nothing going on in Abstract A569 in Leon County TX. MK

Bummer! That’s not what I was hoping to hear! Thank you for your help! At least now I know where it is and not to expect much from it!!

Finding mineral interest your family may own will require research in the Leon County deed records. Here’s a link where you can do free online searches and make copies for $1.00 page. https://i2i.uslandrecords.com/TX/Leon/D/Default.aspx

A-569 is the R.K. Manning Survey. Below is the current Railroad Commission map of that area with a blue dot on that survey. There doesn’t appear to be any recent activity there.

The green dots further east are producing wells that appear were all drilled 10+ years ago. The open blue circles are locations where drilling permits were approved but wells not yet drilled. It looks those permits also date back to 2010-14 meaning they expired without the wells being drilled.

With the increase in gas prices new leasing activity may be starting so pinning down the mineral interest you own and making sure your contact information shows up in the deed records so landmen would know how to contact you seems logical.

Thank you so much for this info! This helps a lot! I will do exactly as you suggested.

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.