Where can I find my Lease(s) for Sheridan Cty, MT?

My Mother recently passed away (I am executor), she had signed a quit claim life estate mineral deed with our family partnership as remainderman. (I have the deed). I am in the process of 1) removing her LE to transfer deed to the partnership and 2) getting mineral rights appraised for the estate. I’ve been asked about Leases. Where can I find these? I have the Division Orders from 2 different Oil & Gas Companies that have, at least in the past year, had active wells as Mother was getting royalty payments. When I called Sheridan County Recorders Office all they had in her name was the executed quit claim deed.

Go to the operators of your leases and request a copy of the leases for your files.

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.