Whaty type of "Trade Deal" might this be?

Please share your knowledge.

Why would a large Oklahoma Oil/Gas company that normally only leases property want to buy property in Garvin County to expand their holdings in certain formations? This is supposedly being done to grow their holding in certain formations at the request of a potential partner or potential "Trade Partner".

What type of "Trade Deal" might this be?

It sounds like that company is not interested in developing that area/formation themselves. Rather, they want to gain control of the area in order to have the potential to "trade" their acreage for another company's acreage that they are interested in.


Thanks greatly.