Whatever happened with Chesapeake"

We leased our mineral rights to Chesapeake in Arlington about about 2007. This was done as a neighborhood block. We received less than $10 in two years. I understand others received somewhat more. Just curious

The price of natural gas has been extremely low. Chesapeake sold all of their leases to TEP Barnett LLC back in 2017. Have you received any information from them? If not, you should contact them regarding the status of your royalties. Https://TEPbarnett.com

1 Like

We have heard nothing. Thank you.

Similar situation here but my mother has been receiving royalties since inception (last was November 2020). My mother has health issues and advised an agent with EverVest, which I’ve learned is the current owner of wells in our area, to contact me regarding backpayments due to her. This is a very large amount of money and I have been assisting her with finances but I very little experience with mineral rights and what to look for if this is a scam. The check should cut by the end of this month and she should receive in early June. Is there anything we should know upfront or be aware of prior to depositing the coming check?

Thanks in advance!

Enervest used to operate wells in Tarrant. What is the nature of the money you are owed? If your mother was getting paid on production all of the years the well has been producing, why a bunch of money all of a sudden? Did they not pay on the correct ownership amount? Is mineral interest owned in more than one property? Make sure the funds you receive are not a “bank draft” or require signatures on documents other than the check itself. You should also check Unclaimed Funds via https://claimittexas.org