What Type Of "Trade Deal" Might This Be?

Please share your knowledge.

Why would a large Oklahoma Oil/Gas company that normally only leases property want to buy property in Garvin County to expand their holdings in certain formations? This is supposedly being done to grow their holding in certain formations at the request of a potential partner or potential "Trade Partner".

What type of "Trade Deal" might this be?

A wild guess is that the "Trade Partner" is a joint venture with maybe a foreign company, say China or South Korea.

Thank you.