What’s happening?

I’m new to this forum. I joined because I, and a group of my cousins, own mineral rights on a few acres north of Scobey. I read that the Bakken exploration may venture further east into Montana. I see from this forum that Daniels County has begun to talk and plan about the possibility of increased activity. Can anyone comment on the current or future oil activity in Denials county? Thanks:)

Jeff, All I can tell you is that a couple companies are trying to lease a lot of land north of Scobey. We have been approched and did not sign.

Our family group owns mineral rights north of Scobey also, my grandpa had 2 oil wells back in the 60's and they were capped after some production, so we believe something is a comin soon.

Thanks, Tim. We'll just stay alert. Cheers.

Hi Jeff, I too am new to this forum. My husband & I have a house in Whitetail. He is 3rd generation, and his father ran the grain elevator for 30 yrs there. Have you heard of Summit Exploration? John Ely is part owner of this company and he has a tremendous amount of knowledge in the G&O industry. He has drilled over 100,000 wells in his lifetime. His company has 70 petrolium engineers and they are currently working with other people in Daniels & Sheridan Co. If you Google John Ely & Associates, you can read about him and what he is doing with fracking (its amazing) and some of his other areas of expertise. I was very impressed. I'm confidant you wouldn't be disapointed if you look into what Summit Exploration has to offer.