What produces?

I have many small leases and small royalty checks. How do I tie check back to an individual property?

What state or states?


I just inherited these properties in Louisiana.Should I learn which properties produce. If I should learn which properties produce, can I use the royalty checks and their attached advice to tie back to individual properties?

I don't know anything about Louisiana.

If you go to the top of the page and find the GROUPS menu, you can find the Louisiana Statewide group and several parish groups. Probably somebody in those groups can give you good advice.

It seems to me that Royalty checks and their documentation would be the same from state to state.

Finding documentation online varies quite a lot from state, even within a state. I know about West Virginia, and have an idea how to proceed there.

Thank you your. I will try Louisiana discussion.