What is the average lease bonus and royalty being offered in Scurry, TX?

I was offered a lease in Scurry, for $100 bonus per acre and a 1/5. Do you think I can do better? Do you think I can a least get 1/4?

It all depends on where your acreage is located and where the exploration activity is headed. You might want to go to the Railroad Commission's web site and search their maps on line and check out drilling permits and completion reports in Scurry County.

I got $550/acre and 1/4 about two months ago.

Mr. Fleming, could you state the specific location (Section, or portion thereof) of your mineral rights? That would be most helpful.

David N. Fleming said:

I got $550/acre and 1/4 about two months ago.

Mr. Tipton, that's a good question. I'll have to look it up and get back with you. It's south of Snyder between Ira and Dunn, if that helps. But, I'll post the details.

Mr. Tipton, the Section that I was referring to is Section 189 Block 3. Hope this helps.

Mr. Fleming, thanks for the info. It appears that you are located about 7 miles South of Snyder, while I am located about 13 miles NE of Snyder. I would imagine we have little or nothing in common regarding bonus and royalty prices. If you think otherwise, I would be interested in your reasoning.