What is oil leasing going for

What is oil leasing going for around here. N/W and S/E of Rotan. Any drilling going.

There is a ton of drilling near by. What is the block and section of the ownership? This play has extremely high volatility from section to section.

On the lease front I have heard rumors of offer but I havent seen one myself but I would bet they are around $400/NMA for 20% royalty and 3 year primary with 2 year extension.

Hello Tyler,

Our attorney negotiated the terms of a lease in Fisher county recently. The company has not yet approved the lease language our attorney sent but he did negotiate the terms. Those were 25% royalty, $200 per net mineral acre and a three year lease. Our attorney sent his lease for approval and we have not heard back.

Good luck.

Sec 110. Block 2. Just checking if much activity was going on.

Great news you have a well that is phenomenal like 2 miles west. That doesnt mean much for your section besides that the play is moving closer to your property. Did you lease to Browning or Clearfork? They seem to know the boundaries of the play pretty intimately.

Seems about right. Reduction in upfront money in order to get a 25% lease and no 2 year extension. Cross some fingers they accept the lease language!

Hi there! I’m new to this forum and new to oil and gas mineral rights. My family has 25% of 75 acres in section 63, block 1 on Fisher County. We’ve been offered $75 per mineral acre bonus and 3/16 royalties. Does anyone know the going rate for leases in this area? This is a “paid-up” lease, and lots of talk about “shut-in royalties.” (I need to read more about all of that.) Any information and advice would be greatly appreciated!

Ruthera, do you mind sharing who is making the offer? That seems pretty low for recent leasing in the county. But that could be depending on who the operator is, what they’re targeting, etc. If it is one of the known horizontal Strawn operators I think you could get them to raise the offer some. But I’m unaware of any activity in your immediate area.

Good morning,

We have an interest in the Southeast quarter of Section 50, Block 1 and I’ve now heard from 3 different groups seeking leases. the only draft lease I’ve seen was $150 per acre, 3/16 royalty, 3 year w/ 2 year extension option. Does anyone have a feel for that section and how this offer positions itself?

Sounds pretty competative. Depends who made the offer. I would guess both of yall got offers from Peregrine. They are drilling out there now near the property.

Hi everyone, thanks for the information. The company is 5L properties out of Breckenridge. Has anyone worked with them before?

Yes we leased to them almost 2 years ago, not drilled to date.

Eddy-Gibson - do you think the offer of $75 per mineral acre and 3/16 is low? Thanks!

Considering the nearby activity, I do. ($75.00 PNA is low)

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.