What happens with old leases

what happen to the lease to are leases Oxy sent my family and I a lease to sign 4 to 5 years ago and we haven’t heard from then since Turnberry 2705 Howard County and what has happen to my greatgrandfathers other mineral rights

Production numbers Oxy has reported to Texas Railroad Commission show the Turnberry Talon Unit (API 227-39142) has made 197,000 barrels of oil since it started producing in October, 2017 and is still going.

It looks like your mineral interest is in Section 31, Township 1North, Block 33, T&P RR Co. Survey. The Oxy Turnberry Talon unit covers 955 acres in Sec. 27 and 31.

Contact Oxy and tell them you need to find out if the mineral interest in Sec. 31 that you leased to them in 2017 was included in that unit.

Oxy’s Royalty Owner Relations Hotline:
713-215-7231

Email: owner_relations@oxy.com

Mailing Address: Oxy Inc. Attn: Land - Ownership & Contracts P.O. Box 27570 Houston, Texas 77227-7570

Based on information you had posted earlier I saw your great grandparents names were EH and LC Heffington. The Howard County deed records show a number of oil leases they signed between 1926 and 1935 on mineral interest in Sec. 28, Township 1N, Blk 33, T & P RR Co. Survey. The only thing I see filed later on what they owned in that area was a deed in 1940 in Sec. 28 of Blk 33 to Walter Alexander. You’ll need to research in the deed records to see if they ever transferred title to their mineral interest, and if not get the title transferred to their heirs.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.