What happens after seismic is shot?

Seismic is done - when and what happens next? Just wondering where the line of communication comes in to let you know something?

I would like to know that too. I have property in South Texas that is leased and they have already done the seismic survey. Haven’t heard anything yet about when they will drill. I do have a Crew Chief’s number that I can call to get an update. You might want to get the name of your Crew Chief.

Typically they don’t let you (mineral owner and/or land owner) know anything about the seismic results. The best way you’ll know something is by their activity (or lack of it) a year or so after the survey has been done.

I am a new member to this forum and was perusing the discussions and stumbled upon your inquiry about the next step after seismic survey is done. I too have several questions regarding this process. A geophysical company (Dawson Geophysical company /contractor on behalf of TRNCO) sent me a request for permission form to have a seismic done and are offering 500 dollars for total acreage of 40. I am yet to sign this form as it seem so general and did not point out what the next step would be. Where do I stand in this equation after the survey is done (mineral right:;)? This company is also privately owned and the Better Business Bureau site had no information on them. seeking help from anyone.

Mr. Bartley, I believe Buddy Cotten when he says that the geophysical companies contract form is inadequate to protect your rights and property. Does Dawsons contract say they will find you harmless if one of their workers injures himself on your property? Perhaps he has a form you could purchase on his site. Personally I would see if Buddy would negotiate the agreement for me. I have heard of people getting as much as $25 per acre.

We received $25 per acre for our survey and out lease did say we would not be responsible for any injuries.

r w kennedy said:

Mr. Bartley, I believe Buddy Cotten when he says that the geophysical companies contract form is inadequate to protect your rights and property. Does Dawsons contract say they will find you harmless if one of their workers injures himself on your property? Perhaps he has a form you could purchase on his site. Personally I would see if Buddy would negotiate the agreement for me. I have heard of people getting as much as $25 per acre.