What happens after leasing

Just need help understanding how this works. Currently signed a lease, but have had no contact with leasing team in about eight months now. Not sure what happens after this, we were offered 25% of our .226 gross acre. Can someone please shed some light on this for me. Your help would be greatly appreciated.
Jon USN RET

We signed our lease with Apache a few years ago, but everything went very quickly. Sounds like you have a glitch. Once we signed, we got our portions of the lease proceeds as well as payment all they way back to the time the wells started producing. I now get a check and a statement once a month.

Thanks, we have received other offers, but they never return calls. Not even sure if the wells are producing or not. Thanks for your info

Have you looked up your interests on the Texas Railroad Commission website? Keep in mind that horizontal wells may not “be” on your property, but nearby. That was the case with us.

I believe he said they are horizontal wells and may take longer to drill. I have gotten that far, did it take a while for you guy’s, as far as the drilling?

If you post your legal location, you will get a more up to date answer. State, County and Section, township and range or abstract.

Midland Texas is the location

I moved your topic over to Midland County, but you would need to give an abstract to get a better answer from folks in the know in that area.