What do these numbers mean?

I saw that a well in EightMile just came off the confidential list.

Can someone please tell me if this is a good or bad well?

549 bopd

3588 bwpd

thanks so much-

Bill

549 Barrels of Oil Per Day

3588 Barrels of Water Per Day

Some of this water is the frac water coming back.

Right, but would you call this a decent well?

M Barnes said:

549 Barrels of Oil Per Day

3588 Barrels of Water Per Day

Some of this water is the frac water coming back.

I would call it decent if it pays for itself in a timely fashion and continues to pay out.

In OK, this would be a great well, but you have to compare it to wells in its area. What township and range?

152N 103W

M Barnes said:

I would call it decent if it pays for itself in a timely fashion and continues to pay out.

In OK, this would be a great well, but you have to compare it to wells in its area. What township and range?

Compared to the other wells two wells in the section, it is on the small side, but wait a while and see if it cleans up. Some do. At $100 oil, it isn't bad!

Thanks so much!

M Barnes said:

Compared to the other wells two wells in the section, it is on the small side, but wait a while and see if it cleans up. Some do. At $100 oil, it isn't bad!

Looking at the file for this well, I think it is comparable to the other wells in the area. The numbers shown on the "Daily Activity Report" are the well test numbers. The numbers are smaller because this well was tested with a choke size of 18/64, while the others in the area were tested with the choke open 2 to almost 3 times greater than this well.

If they would have opened the choke more during testing, it would have been in the 1000 bbl/day range. The test pressure was 920 psi, which is comparable to the neighboring wells.

I don't know why they very the choke size during the testing of these wells, my guess it has to do with the pressure at the well during testing in order to get it to flow. My feeling is this well is just as good as the other Eightmile wells on this pad once the choke is adjusted for production.

Thank you so very much Ed!