What are gaines county tx leases going for lately?

I have a lease offer for $250 per acre is that too low?

Where are your minerals located?

Sounds low for Gaines County.

This is a link to a map viewer which shows Blackbeard Operating activity in north Andrews county. Is this the same Blackbeard which contacted you?

I think it is the same company. I’m not sure about the location I live in Westbrook and have been there in 40 years. I hope my sister can help with that.

Thanks Max

1 Like

Yes, AJ, it appears to be.

1 Like

Blackbeard Energy, LLC in Dallas does not appear to be connected to Blackbeard Operating in Midland.

Blackbeard Energy, LLC filed as a Domestic Limited Liability Company (LLC) in the State of Texas and is no longer active. This corporate entity was filed approximately five years ago on Thursday, April 24, 2014 as recorded in documents filed with Texas Secretary of State.

AJ, I’ve been contacted again by Blackbeard Resources, but they are not increasing their offer and are only offering $350/nma, 20%, for three years without a renewal option. These seems very low and I do not feel comfortable accepting anything less than 25%. Their rep says they simply will not agree to anything more than 20%, but he might be able to get $400/nma. Your thoughts, please?

Michelle, Did you open the links in my Feb 23 post in this thread? Also, I sent you a personal message. The notification should appear as a smaller blue circle above the larger circle at the top right hand side of the page.

I do not see any comment about amendments to the oil and gas lease. How do people feel about such amendments (riders) such as depth of lease; protection of subsurface, etc. I am really concerned about the language I am seeing in leases about a perpetual easement for well bores that are not going to benefit my minerals,